Gun newb going shopping

wnaplay1647545503

I may go look at something for my ccw tomorrow. My questions are, is there any place worth looking at besides vances, or is that going to be the best place do to quantity and price? Also what brands should I stear clear of? i assume hi point but what others? I probably wont buy anything so I dont have a price range I am looking to stick within but I am not breaking the bank either. What should I look for?

you dont have a price range but you don't want to break the bank....so you do have a price range then. How much are you looking to spend?

Vances is going to be your best bet the are normally the cheapest around. If you want a small carry gun look at the m&p compacts i have one and love it, kimber ultra carry also have one and love it, i think springfield came out with a nice little compact. There are some nice compact glocks and s&w revolvers.

I may say I dont want to spend say more than $600. Now that could mean I spend $300 or $3000. I only want to spend $300 but my guess is I will spend more than I want. I really dont have a budget necessarily but all I need is a good sub compact ccw weapon. I plan on firing this thing at the range just enough to get accurate with it and then as often as necessary to stay accurate and comfortable. I dont pleasure shoot. First gun here

Selection similar?

Pretty close.

Sometimes I would call ahead though, they blow through their handguns pretty fast there. Plus if you call Buckeye, you don't sit on hold forever waiting for someone to decide it's time for them to see if there are any calls waiting. Also, half the time I've been helped at Buckeye, I haven't even had to take a number, whereas at Vance's, even if they are slow, you have to take a # and wait for them to call your #.

I find the staff overall just more enjoyable than Vance's.

I may go look at something for my ccw tomorrow. My questions are, is there any place worth looking at besides vances, or is that going to be the best place do to quantity and price? Also what brands should I stear clear of? i assume hi point but what others? I probably wont buy anything so I dont have a price range I am looking to stick within but I am not breaking the bank either. What should I look for?

I suggest you go to a range and rent a lot of guns. My personal opinion looking at a gun you will not get a feel for it. You need to shoot it a few times to see if it fits you personally.

glock, anything springfield, ruger, s&w, walter guns are a good place to start...

Can't go wrong with a Glock Sub Compacts.

I liked my Kel Tec P3AT, but I would not want to have to shoot it daily... I am sure the little new Ruger would be about the same.

Good Luck!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

The LCP 380 actually shoots fairly comfortably. You can shoot it sometime if you want.

Any place besides pawn shops sell used guns? I did see a decent little cobra 380 for $125 but I am leary of buying used especially from a pawn shop. Not that I am worried about it being stolen but wether or not it would have issues.

Don't buy that, it's a liability!!

If you have some specific questions, you can take them to PM with me.

you dont have a price range but you don't want to break the bank....so you do have a price range then. How much are you looking to spend?

Vances is going to be your best bet the are normally the cheapest around. If you want a small carry gun look at the m&p compacts i have one and love it, kimber ultra carry also have one and love it, i think springfield came out with a nice little compact. There are some nice compact glocks and s&w revolvers.

not to thread jack, but what model kimber did you get, and what did you pay? Im looking for a Pro Carry Compact-ish type weapon. Definately want to stay 1911 style.