Delaware ccw application process A+++++

wnaplay1647545503

I called delaware sheriffs office this morning around 9am and asked if I could come in to turn in my application. She told me to come in at 11:30. I arrived 20 mins early and walked right into her office. I was in the building less than 6 mins. She told me it would probably be back in 2 days. Franklin county wanted me to come late next week and told me they were turning them around in a few weeks. Delaware is definately the place to go.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i am clean so i had nothing to worry about anyway.

lady said if ive never been arrested then the process is alot quicker

Never arrested in Franklin county. They do a local and that's it.

I personally think it's bullshit.

I called delaware sheriffs office this morning around 9am and asked if I could come in to turn in my application. She told me to come in at 11:30. I arrived 20 mins early and walked right into her office. I was in the building less than 6 mins. She told me it would probably be back in 2 days. Franklin county wanted me to come late next week and told me they were turning them around in a few weeks. Delaware is definately the place to go.

Stupid question but did you just use the application that anthony posted? I am going tomorrow morning and want to make sure I take the correct app...

-Marc

I guess Jody has been picking up the pace. When I renewed in Delaware last year I had to schedule an appointment a week later and then it was 2 more weeks for my renewal to arrive. It could have been busier at the time, who knows.

My wife (who attended the same class as you guys) called on Monday and the earliest opening was Thursday morning. I wasn't really in a hurry and neither is the wife but you guys are getting the fast-track I guess.

Maybe they just don't like me and my 'kin folk. :p

I guess Jody has been picking up the pace. When I renewed in Delaware last year I had to schedule an appointment a week later and then it was 2 more weeks for my renewal to arrive. It could have been busier at the time, who knows.

My wife (who attended the same class as you guys) called on Monday and the earliest opening was Thursday morning. I wasn't really in a hurry and neither is the wife but you guys are getting the fast-track I guess.

Maybe they just don't like me and my 'kin folk. :p

they run their teacher background checks through the same office, so if you get an influx of teachers, who get priority, it gets backed up.

they run their teacher background checks through the same office, so if you get an influx of teachers, who get priority, it gets backed up.

Makes sense. I think my renewal was sometime in the spring, which may be a popular time for new teachers to start piling on. They still got the renewal to me before it officially expired, which is all that mattered.

i went to franklin county yesterday morning.. got a call today at 10 a.m. said i can pick my permit up

Same thing happened to me, they told my brother and myself it would be back in 1-2 weeks and we had a call within 3 days to come pick it up at their office. I think its just something they say to keep people from bothering them during the process, or maybe they would just rather people go elsewhere than Franklin county to get their license?

I've always advocated going to Delaware Co. for your CHL. They are very pro-gun and the girl there is cool as hell.

+1

They took about a week and a half for me, back in April of 2006. The young lady was very polite and pleasant to deal with. I walked out thinking, "no way in hell I'd let my wife work that close to the jail."

BTW, when you go to pick up your license, she takes a new pic, so be prepared.

Well that's fucking gay. I spent $8.xx at Walgreens this morning for my picture on my way to my appointment. :nono:

She said I should get a call in a few days to pick it up. :)

-Marc