Mitsubishi i.

zeitgeist57

Would you buy it?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy it?

• Maybe, but not for more than $15,000.
    • Maybe, but not for more than $9,000.
    • Maybe once it becomes an electric vehicle.
    • No. It's ugly/stupid/too small/too slow/etc...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/15/mitsubishi-i-quick-spin/

Think of it as a 4-door, 4-passenger Smart car with a manual transmission. Great fuel economy, ultra-compact, longer wheelbase for more interior room and better handling. Eventually will spawn an electric version.

Would you buy it? I'm curious if America is TRULY ready for a cheap, reliable family hauler that will get more than 40mpg for cheap.

If gasoline cost the same here as it does in other countries, I probably would buy it, or something like it.

My stepmom has a diahatsu sirion that I drove, which is very similiar. I was very skeptical about it at first, but I was really impressed by it when I actually drove it. I've also always like Mitsu's so that helps.

I probably would, but it'd definitely have to be under $9k. I think the Smart Car is retarded, especially for the price. It doesn't get that great of gas mileage, its fucking pointless unless your a single person w/ no friends and the price is higher than some of the cars that are similar in MPG ratings. I've never liked the Smart Car nor thought it was very "smart".

I'm sorry, my 1998 4 door honda civic with 130k on it got 35mpg on average, which is what the smart car is rated at, and I only paid $2500 for that thing. Even new, a civic rivals the smart car prices, with a lot more to offer.

My stepmom has a diahatsu sirion that I drove

Where does she live that she can buy a Daihatsu? Asia? Europe?

I always liked the Smart car. My only problems with it are:

1) It is too short. I don't need to worry about perpendicular parking against a curb in Ohio.

2) It doesn't have hardly any room in the back. If I'm not going to have room for people, at least let me fit golf bags back there or bigger items from weekend shopping (like my Corvette can).

3) It is not offered with a stick shift.

You couldn't pay me to buy that.

I think for around $5-7k with a 5yr/50k bumper to bumper warranty offering it would sell like hotcakes. It'd be half the price of a civic, less than an Aveo or Yaris, and on par with many older, unreliable cars. Payment would be cheap, less than leasing anything, and it'd practically pay for itself.

Where does she live that she can buy a Daihatsu? Asia? Europe?

I always liked the Smart car. My only problems with it are:

1) It is too short. I don't need to worry about perpendicular parking against a curb in Ohio.

2) It doesn't have hardly any room in the back. If I'm not going to have room for people, at least let me fit golf bags back there or bigger items from weekend shopping (like my Corvette can).

3) It is not offered with a stick shift.

My problem with the Smart car is it doesnt have THAT great of fuel mileage compared against econo cars that are bigger/safer and just as cheap.

I would drive this mitsu if i had a family to keep down on costs. I might look at owning an older, larger vehicle or truck for convenience purpose's but only if i could own it outright and not have the overhead of another monthly payment.

Rather have an Toyota iQ.

Gas isn't expensive enough and I don't live in enough of an urban sprawl setting to utilize one.

Yep, there it is. Look at it this way- how much gas and repairs could you get for $9000? It wouldn't pay for itself by the end of its service life, so it basically only has its little tiny size going for it. If it was a diesel and got 70mpg (which it SHOULD DAMNIT!!!!!) then MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE might be worth considering for say $5k.

My stepmom has a diahatsu sirion

I was going to say my Aunt has one of those too :D

If the 90mpg they claim is true, it might sell well. I would not buy one, just something that size scares me. My buddy had a Turbo Fait Uno back at home, we called it is the tin can as it was pretty much a coffin on wheels.