Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta!

Main3s

I'm so different at work. My personality changes because it has too I guess. People are amazed when they find out how I am outside of work forgetting that I'm 25. But I'm tired of putting on a different "mask" at home v.s. work. So I'm letting my personality from home show a bit at work and vice versa, trying to balance it all out. I got to admit, it's fuckin awesome!

I'm so different at work. My personality changes because it has too I guess. People are amazed when they find out how I am outside of work forgetting that I'm 25. But I'm tired of putting on a different "mask" at home v.s. work. So I'm letting my personality from home show a bit at work and vice versa, trying to balance it all out. I got to admit, it's fuckin awesome!

+1, The charade can get annoying.

Hey, if they can play their KC and The Sunshine Band and The Allman Brothers then I should be able to play what I want. :lol:

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. All it will take is one person filing a complaint against you for creating a hostile work environment.

There are only 2 ways this can go from there:.

1. Management orders you to cease and desist. You comply!

or

2. A mandate comes down from management either listing acceptable music/radio stations, or banning music entirely in the workplace. This is a great way to achieve popularity with your co-workers.

Gangsta? Not really! Just a great way to show your level of maturity!

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. All it will take is one person filing a complaint against you for creating a hostile work environment.

or

2. A mandate comes down from management either listing acceptable music/radio stations, or banning music entirely in the workplace. This is a great way to achieve popularity with your co-workers.

Man, I wish I could work with you. Sounds like a blast.

or

But I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume while I'm collating.

Man, I wish I could work with you. Sounds like a blast.

Just an experienced and well-trained manager. I did actually write a male, college age, employee up for harassment last week after several different MALE employees came to me complaining about homosexual references and practical jokes. This guy is not gay, but he is immature and inappropriate in the work place. Better to learn his lesson now, and not into his career.

Think of it this way: If I knowingly allow someone to violate the company anti-harassment policy, I will lose my job. It's not about being a "cool" boss. It's about keeping the workplace enjoyable for everyone.

Actually, I am pretty laid back and fun-loving at work. You can ask Mojoe how I am to work for. He helps me out as a part-time part-timer!

But I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume while I'm collating.

It's not the Volume, it's the Lyrics in this case.

Reasonable is a relative term. Actually, it is meaningless in your case. What you find comfortable, another may not. One complaint...back to my original post.

Just an experienced and well-trained manager. I did actually write a male, college age, employee up for harassment last week after several different MALE employees came to me complaining about homosexual references and practical jokes. This guy is not gay, but he is immature and inappropriate in the work place. Better to learn his lesson now, and not into his career.

Think of it this way: If I knowingly allow someone to violate the company anti-harassment policy, I will lose my job. It's not about being a "cool" boss. It's about keeping the workplace enjoyable for everyone.

Actually, I am pretty laid back and fun-loving at work. You can ask Mojoe how I am to work for. He helps me out as a part-time part-timer!

It's not the Volume, it's the Lyrics.

I love you for this. A boss actually being a boss, what a concept. I agree its best to learn the lesson now.

It's not the Volume, it's the Lyrics in this case.

Reasonable is a relative term. Actually, it is meaningless in your case. What you find comfortable, another may not. One complaint...back to my original post.

Actually, my post is an Office Space reference like the title of the original post. I don't disagree with what you're saying. I don't even feel comfortable listening to music at work, though others around me used to at a very low volume. Nowadays no one does since we're in earshot of the guy who signs the checks.

I'm pretty sure no one else wants to rock out to some Alanis Morisette and James Taylor with me anyway.

or

Wow, uptight are we... No one complained. I work around 6 other people who don't have sticks up their ass. I played a few songs and put my headphones on and went back to work in a respectable manner. Someone made the "Office Space" comment and I decided to post it here too because I laughed. Gangsta... No you're right, I'm not. Personality and since of humor yeah, try it next time. :rolleyes: