I'm really getting tired of Time Warner being shady

copperhead

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BH2FX20091218?type=entertainmentNews

$1 per subscriber. Is it really that big of a deal when I'm already being charged damn near $100 a month for cable and internet?

I need to find out if Insight is available out here, nothing else seems to be.

My problem is that any time a station looks for a rate increase, Time Warner goes on an advertising campaign aimed at their customers talking about how such and such channel doesn't want you to see them anymore, when it's just them refusing to negotiate. They don't need to drag their customers into this shit, just work out the details and be done with it.

TWC is shady. They have been raising cable rates for years and now they wanna use this whole get tough or roll over campaign.

It took me three phone calls to get my bill lowered from 133 bucks for digi cable with a HD DVR and 7 Mbps internet to 99 bucks. My whole thing was I don't wanna pay an extra 33 bucks a month for the same package that you offer new customers. So they finally relented and gave me the 99 package.

I'm not one to defend TW by any means, but this is shitty on Fox's part.

Just like it is shitty the NFL network charges MORE to actually see football games on their channels.

ALL of these different broadcasters are trying to get every freaking penny than can out of cable/dish providers, and consumers some how expect that it won't come back to them?

You say only $1/month. Let's say they have 1 million video subscribers (I'm sure TW has way more than that nation wide). That's $12,000,000 a year MORE to carry one freaking channel. Insanity.

Cable/Dish aren't making the margins they once did. If it wasn't for VOIP/HSD services, most cable companies would be out of business by now. Dish has it a bit easier as their overhead is a lower, but don't have the other technologies to fall back on either.

I HATE Time Warner but this looks like Fox to me from the way that reads. Other than watching football TWC could drop fox altogether over this and it wouldn't bother me. Somebody is gonna get the subscriber one way or the other though. What's your options? Pay per view football would be a cool option except you know they'd stick it to you on the prices. I'd like to have the option to see whatever game I wanted to see and would be willing to pay to do that but not some absurd amount that they would most likely charge.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BH2FX20091218?type=entertainmentNews

$1 per subscriber. Is it really that big of a deal when I'm already being charged damn near $100 a month for cable and internet?

I need to find out if Insight is available out here, nothing else seems to be.

ummm this is not timewarner doing this. This is fox being super shady. Big 10 network did the exact same thing ti time warner. only there request was ever worse.

Its a fucking shame honestly :(.

This is why I don't even have cable any more. The only show my wife watched was bones and she prefers to watch it on her pc from http://www.fox.com.

I'm not one to defend TW by any means, but this is shitty on Fox's part.

Just like it is shitty the NFL network charges MORE to actually see football games on their channels.

ALL of these different broadcasters are trying to get every freaking penny than can out of cable/dish providers, and consumers some how expect that it won't come back to them?

You say only $1/month. Let's say they have 1 million video subscribers (I'm sure TW has way more than that nation wide). That's $12,000,000 a year MORE to carry one freaking channel. Insanity.

Cable/Dish aren't making the margins they once did. If it wasn't for VOIP/HSD services, most cable companies would be out of business by now. Dish has it a bit easier as their overhead is a lower, but don't have the other technologies to fall back on either.

Yup. If FIOS would roll out faster they would find out that people are getting closer to just using the internet as there device. TV's are coming with flash built in.