need help with ls1

99ta

ok, heres the deal. having an issue with my TA. couple months ago was spraying the car and when I went to hit third gear the car fell on its face real bad. put it in neutral and it died. will start right back up but runs very very rough, idles at about 200. and barely any throttle response. right after it happened I found the pcv valve tube had came off the back of the tb and there was a hole in it. replaced tube and still same thing. changed all the plugs and they all looked fine. no engine light. first, anyone have any ideas? second, anyone have a computer I can hook it up to to see whats going on? thanks

Eric

Eric,

I have had a bit a rough time this month. I need a couple hours here at home to tie up some loose ends. If you want me to pm me your address I will see about coming down with my laptop and hp to see if we find out what is going. We can try turning misfires on with the scanner and see what cylinder is causing the problem.

is the egr still on it(i ask, cause its sounds like if it is, it might be stuck open)

no egr.

Erik, lol no kiding. the ta was running good that night too (that may be a bad thing). least I wasn't losing....yet..

Brian, sending you a PM.

sam, the kit is still on the car. never thought of that, but it is not activated. and no I don't have fp gauge to check it with.

If the soleniod is stuck open the kit wont have to be activated to still work. Once the fuel gets to the noid and its stuck open it will flow right past the noid into the fogger then into the intake.

how do I check that? have to unhook it?

Yup, just pull the line off after the noid. You'll prabably want to plug the line going to the nozzle so not to create a vacuum leak (depends on where it is), I'd just tape it up. You'll only have to key up the car to see if fuel leaks out of the noid.

My o2's were 5 months old when they went bad. Since they were new I checked everything else but them. Then after 2 weeks of bs the check engine light finally popped on and it was an o2 code. We thought is was everything from a vacuum leak, to bad springs, to cracked plugs. The car was surging like crazy, stalling, and felt very choppy. If thats what yours is doing you may want to borrow someones o2's just too rule it out.

• 4 weeks later...
update: change the TPS, nothing. Got my hands on code reader. have pending codes po171 and po174. lean in both banks. is there a way to check the 02's before replacing them since they are so new. have looked for vacum leaks and sprayed starting fliud around to look for leaks. any ideas? would love to find someone with a comp to see what is going on....