www.freecreditreport.com

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

nobody use this site...it is a complete scam

Im dealing with a retirement account i have set up, and while switching it to a new company my social security number was showing as a duplicate in their system. I signed up for this site to verify nobody else was using my credit. At signup it asks for a credit card number but says there will be no charge during the 7-day trial period. So I signed up and it showed me a report from Experian. There was a button that said something to the effect of, "View your three score report" or something. It brought me to a screen that showed my reports from all 3 companies. Everything looked good so i signed out.

Logged into my bank account today to find a $24.95 charge. I called FCR and they explained to me that i agreed to the $24.95 charge when i clicked the button to view the 3 reports, and that only the single one was free. There were no charge/billing verifications, and nowhere did it mention the charge. I asked to speak with a supervisor who, after a long argument, agreed to finally refund me. She said that they can't process refunds out of that office and she gave me a number to send a fax to; supposedly she also made a note on my account for the refund. She tried to tell me there was a billing confirmation and a credit card number verification etc etc...bullshit.

I do not have a fax machine, and my printer is broken, so i wont be able to send the fax until Monday morning. I'm really not expecting my refund, I'm chalking it up as a lesson learned. But I thought I would post up here and let everyone know so that they will not fall victim to this scam.

I called 10 minutes after i viewed my report to cancel my account, if you do not call to cancel, you will automatically start being charged monthly.

The ordeal with my ssn that caused this all ended up being a mistake in SWBC's paperwork, so its all straightened out now anyways.

just giving yall a heads up, before you make the same mistake i did

Yeah, you should have googled that and you would have realized that has been a horrible site for many years.

The site to go to if you want to see your credit reports for free once per year is http://www.annualcreditreport.com You never enter in any payment information or anything, and I have used this site for the past few years. It doesn't give you your score, but that isn't really as important as verifying your report is accurate.

LOL ITS NOT A SCAM yea its a little shady if you dont READ ALL THE FINE PRINT. it does state it on there u just didnt read it.

also if it truly was free they wouldnt ask you for your credit card #.. this was your first mistake... not trying to be a dick but it is stated in there aboout the charges. i get customers doing this all day long saying its fraud. its not you accepted the charges when u clicked ok. sorry bud hope u get your funds back

This site is actually free (unless you want your beacon) and has no other BS tacked on.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

It's actually linked in fine print on freecreditreport.com's site... I assume because the Gubmint says so.

Guest tbutera2112

also if it truly was free they wouldnt ask you for your credit card #.. this was your first mistake...

i get what youre saying, but this part isnt always true...ive signed up for plenty of free things before that needed a credit card verification... it was always a deal where its free for a certain period, then if you forget to cancel you start getting billed...as long as you cancel before that period is over, no charges...i assumed this was the same way

Guest tbutera2112

triple

on a side note, i take full responsibility for the charge, which is why i am not angry about it....but the site is VERY deceptive, and my point with making this post was to help inform people of how it works before they end up in the same spot as i did

Yeah, you should have googled that and you would have realized that has been a horrible site for many years.

The site to go to if you want to see your credit reports for free once per year is http://www.annualcreditreport.com You never enter in any payment information or anything, and I have used this site for the past few years. It doesn't give you your score, but that isn't really as important as verifying your report is accurate.

This guy.

wierd. i got on there this time last year before i bought my house, checked all 3 reports for free, forgot to cancel it, and 30 days later, they charged me $16. oh well

then i just went to annualcreditreport.com a few weeks ago and paid the whopping $23.85 and got all 3 of my reports + scores.