Motorcycle Title Help!!

Ron Burgundy

ok guys and gals i need some help with this one.. its going to be a long and messed up twisted story but hang in there.. i really need some help on this one! well i bought this 06 GSXR 600 off of a guy who lives in my county.. he sold me the bike and gave me the title in which he told me to just sign on the bottom line of this title and i should be able to get a title for the bike.. so dumbass like me gave him the money and he handed me the title.. the title really confused me because it was a west virgina title.. i then relized the title was not titled into the guy's name i bought it off of!!! :mad: so the guy title jumped me and the bike actully belongs to a kid in west virgina that sold it to this guy up in ohio i bought it off of..

ok here is the story about the kid in west virgina...

the kid bought the motorcycle from a dealership in west virgina, its called ridersville cycle... the kid paid cash for the bike (i talked to the dealership). $6800.. down in west virgina they sign to title off to the buyer and they have to take it a title office to get it placed into the buyers name.. gave the kid 90 day tags... wrecks it a week later.. does not turn it into the insurance company and sells the bike without putting the bike in his name.. "paying the tax and title for the bike".. the guy i bought it off of fixed the whole bike and puts all new parts on the bike and fixes it.. i contacted the kids mom down and west virgina but she told me that he has no money to pay for the title and she has not talked to him in months.. i guess he is some piece of shit crack head.. :nono:

so i talked to my local title office and they told me that i have to get the kid in west virgina to pay for the tax and title and to have it put in his name then transfer it into my name... (which to me sounds like a god damn mess).. i would have to end up paying for the tax and title for his part then have to pay to get it transferred into my name and get a ohio title...

so my question is.. i have the original title in my hand... but not titled into my name.. is there anyway i could get a title for the bike without going threw a mess im in now and maybe even get a salvage title just so i can sell it or sell it as a track bike? please i need some help on this one.. i have been fighting around with it for months!!:mad:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know but i would like to sell it and pay off my other bike or get a supermoto

You can sell it without a title as a track only bike.

That's a clusterfuck situation though. It doesn't sound like there is any way to fix it without getting a hold of the crackhead. Have you talked to the dealership yet?

well i bought the bike for $3200, it has 1700 miles on it, there is nothing wrong with the whole bike.. besides it has fiberglass fairings and such but not track plastics, its that cheap japan fiberglass work with the headlight and taillight pre cut in them. i repainted the whole bike, its looks really good.. it would make a great bike.. its just the title shit..

The only thing I can think of and maybe you thought of this:

In Ohio, if the title was never actually switched into the crackhead's name at the BMV then the dealership is still the owner according to the title. IDK how it's done in WV, but in Ohio you can get another title printed out if you lose your original. Maybe you could get the dealership to do this for you and sign it over to you this time? It's a long shot and probably slightly illegal. :lol:

The only thing I can think of and maybe you thought of this:

In Ohio, if the title was never actually switched into the crackhead's name at the BMV then the dealership is still the owner according to the title. IDK how it's done in WV, but in Ohio you can get another title printed out if you lose your original. Maybe you could get the dealership to do this for you and sign it over to you this time? It's a long shot and probably slightly illegal. :lol:

thats whats i was kinda thinking.. its a long shot.. but maybe i can get it to work.. if i didnt work at the sheriffs office i would punch that guys lights out..:mad::mad:

thats whats i was kinda thinking.. its a long shot.. but maybe i can get it to work.. if i didnt work at the sheriffs office i would punch that guys lights out..:mad::mad:

:lol: Well, if you haven't called the dealership yet I would and explain the entire situation. Hopefully, they will take pity on your poor soul and realize there is no chance to contact the crackhead....and help you out! :D

well i just talked to the dealership.. they pretty much told me to f*uck off.. they guy was kind of an asshole.. he wouldnt even listen to my story..

Nice... Man that sucks. I think I'd go the way of frame and clean title on ebay or maybe call up to Cycle Search and see if they have one. Or maybe they can do something?

I bought a camper from a guy in cleveland. I asked him to have the title notorized before I got there. Drove 5 miles to get there, and found out not only did he not have it notorized, it wasn't even in his name. So 3 hours later of driving around trying to find someone to notorize it, finally he remembers his mom is a notery. Long story short, I get it home and to the license place, a notory is only require if the title says so. All titles from Ohio require notory. From Illinois they don't require a notory. All that was for nothing.

That being said, check and make sure WV even requires notory on that title. You may only need a bill of sale. The License agency didn't even ask me for that...

The other option you have isn't quite as legal, but.... you can do a lemon check. If the title looks clean find someone that has a notory. forge a signature.

Personlly I'd take it to the license burro and ask them. They'll check the serial number and tell you if its clean or not. And they might be able to give you some sugestions.

Bummer. I would have recommended starting the conversation with "I ride a Honda." Or requesting to speak with somebody who works there that rides a Honda. If that fails, always end the conversation with "and I had cash to buy a new bike you fucktards!"

Bummer. I would have recommended starting the conversation with "I ride a Honda." Or requesting to speak with somebody who works there that rides a Honda. If that fails, always end the conversation with "and I had cash to buy a new bike you fucktards!"

lol, yeah i said screw it and its now up for sale.. $4200..

i have a 2006 GSXR 600.. 1700 miles.. everything is in good working condition.. having title issues with a crackhead in wv.. i do have the orignial title.. but cant get it transferred... my loss your gain.. gotta get rid of it.. tired of it sitting in the garage, it has pazzo levers, clip ons, rest is pretty much stock.. ill let it go for $4,200..:(

Damn, you don't waste time! :lol: