How do I make a larger purchase?

Cordell

Let's say you have $1k daily limit on your debit card and you wanted to purchase a transmission for $2500. What is the best, cheapest, way to do this?

I'm happy with my bank since they don't hassle me or charge me for anything, but they won't let me take the daily limit off my card. I have fucked up credit and don't want a credit card anyway. Throw out some options.

Write a check, mail it? Or maybe call the 800 number on the back of the card and ask for an exception?

I don't have a daily limit on my credit cards, but I know they have called me before when I charged like $3k at one time. They called the verify the purchase, which was good, but also let me know that they "preferred" I call ahead if I planned on making large purchases in the future.

Maybe the same can be done for your debit card?

call the bank and they will put a 1 time high limit transaction on the card. (they don't charge for it and you can do it as many times as you want).

i found out about it when i bought a transmission for my camaro from jegs and it was denied. called the bank while standing there and they changed it right then and it went through.

I have asked for an exception and they wouldn't budge. I would just buy locally but there isn't anyone local that sells this stuff. There has to be a better answer then making payments, or mailing a check. Is there a bank account that will let you not have a daily limit?

Weird, most banks will allow you (usually with a form ) to raise your daily limit to at least $3000, it is after all, your money.

You know this is my way of thinking, maybe someone could tell of a bank that does this and I'll just open another account.

I bank w/ chase, 5/3, and Huntington, and while my daily 'limit' on my debit cards is $1000, they have always made exceptions for larger purchases with a notice, and Chase actually left mine at $3000 since it was semi-common.

Find someone with a bank account that u trust that would do the purchase for you an give them cash...?

No, I'll open an account somewhere that will let me make larger purchases, and just have a second account. Anyone else bank where you can do this?

Find someone with a bank account that u trust that would do the purchase for you an give them cash...?

Even that can be a problem ..... some vendors won't ship to a name and address if it isn't the same as the one associated with the credit card.

It sounds to me that the problem is your bank. I've changed banks for silly policies such as that. But I realize that you don't want to change banks.