WTBorrow..Camera Lens

mrs.cos

Im looking to borrow a couple of different lens for my camera and trying to save some money at the same time, so renting from Lensrental.com isnt in the books for me right now. I would be using these for 1 week + a few days while on vacation.

If you know of anyone who would be willing to let me borrow them, or you yourself, please PM me, im willing to work out some kind of collateral deal, just dont know what..

I am also open to suggestions on the lens i am looking to borrow. I will be around wildlife, beach Sunsets, and children(portraits) and botanicals..

lens for Canon XSi Camera. Dont care about brand of lens

24-105mm f/4 IS

20mm f/1.8

135L f/2

*if this should be in garage sale, please move*

If the new canon 18-200 IS would would make a nice "single" lens vacation lens.

The 28-135 IS is a good vacation lens also. It can do macro stuff as well, but its not gonna be as sharp as one of the "L" series you could rent from a rental company.

Check these guys out http://www.lensloaners.com/ they are Canon only at this point and have good prices and service. Also if your a member of offtopic.com they might still be having a 40% off deal.

If the new canon 18-200 IS would would make a nice "single" lens vacation lens.

The 28-135 IS is a good vacation lens also. It can do macro stuff as well, but its not gonna be as sharp as one of the "L" series you could rent from a rental company.

Check these guys out http://www.lensloaners.com/ they are Canon only at this point and have good prices and service. Also if your a member of offtopic.com they might still be having a 40% off deal.

problem is, i dont have the money to rent right night.. thats why i am trying to borrow from someone local.

Nope, no longer a member of OT.

My wife is a professional photographer, and her favorite lens is this one. Examples of pictures she has taken with this lens include the second and last rows of pictures on this page among others interspersed in her facebook portfolio.

However, she mentions that if he were to buy one all around lens, this would not be it as she prefers something that is more adjustable for those types of settings.

Also, when we have questions we default to Tim (pdqgp) for assistance. He is a wealth of knowledge, especially since you have a Canon.

I currently use my 50mm for almost everything as well. Its a great lens.

especially for the price.

I have done a few model shoots and love to shoot kids and pets, but the 50 doesnt cut it for all the time.

Sometimes i want a good wide angle, so i can take pics of a whole room, or something that i can be relatively close to my subjects and get some good candid shots, without shoving my lens and flash in thier face.

for example.. xmas morning, husband was playing with our neice and nephew and i was tryingt get a good shot of all them, but all i had with me was my 28-80 lense, and just couldnt zoom out enough to get the three of them.. (they were in an odd spot thats in part of the hallway..

so all i could do was cut off his head.. i was about 2.5-3ft away taking this pic.. which was obviously too close..

http://www.thehaltermans.com/tooclose.jpg

Sometimes i want a good wide angle, so i can take pics of a whole room, or something that i can be relatively close to my subjects and get some good candid shots, without shoving my lens and flash in thier face.[/img]

10-22mm or the newer 16-35mm depending on your budget. I don't do a lot of WA shots, so I chose the 10-22 and obviously use it on my non-full frame cameras. Love it. IQ is outstanding.

Definitely some good choices you have there, I personally use the 50mm a lot but do find it to be a bit restrictive on angle. I also have the XSi and probably use the 50 and the 18-55 IS kit lens more than anything, but also have a 70-300 that's nice for outdoors stuff, and was great at the beach over summer.

What kind of flash are you using? I just upgraded to the 580ex II and couldn't be more happier.

Wish you the best with it, and would love to see more shots you've taken!

-Bill

• 2 months later...

Bumping for new borrow request for March 29-April 5th

A zoom lens and a portrait lens

I have a 50MM i am taking with me, 28-80mm. I would like something for shooting in NYC with. A zoom lens would be spiffy (70-200?)

Hit me up if you ahve anything available for loan.