Is the big kid toy market ever going to come back?

Stallion Motorsports1647545491

Motorcycles, boats, jet-skis, 4-wheelers, dirtbikes, etc...

Over the past two-three years i have watched the market steadily drop and hit rock bottom on these kinds of items. Nobody is buying and or paying anything for what these items are worth or used to be worth. example: people are getting financed for $9000 for a 2010 Honda 600rr never making payments, and the banks wont even come get them anymore. the reason...they cant even sell them once they get them. by the time they pay someone to go fetch them, store them etc, they have way too much money in the item. these bikes are fetching 3k-4k at auction, the banks are just taking the write off on them. causing used products to just sit around. Nobody has money to pay for anything...there is no liquid cash sitting in anyones pockets. Used items arent moving at all...period.

My question to CR...Do you ever see this market coming back, or is it lost for good?

on that note im going to re-list my loaded front to rear 2002 Honda 954rr in the spring, i guess we will see what happens.

Tom

It'll come back, but I doubt it'll come back to the tune of $4500 for your 8 year old bike with 15k+ miles on it. Sorry, just being honest.

In the meantime I hope not too fast as I want to score a good deal on an ATV later this year. :D

cash is king, buyers market .... nuff said

+1,000

I still frequent a Naples, FL car forum and the jetski/Jeeps/motorbike/boat used market is incredibly soft right now. A Sea Doo jetski that is only 3 years old just sold for $700 because the guy was moving out of state.

You'll be seeing a lot of deals like that for awhile...

So I can get someone to finance a new sportbike, then never pay and they won't repo it? What's that about? I don't understand how it couldn't be "worth it" for a bank to repo a bike then sell it... Maybe I'm in the wrong business.

So I can get someone to finance a new sportbike, then never pay and they won't repo it? What's that about? I don't understand how it couldn't be "worth it" for a bank to repo a bike then sell it... Maybe I'm in the wrong business.

I mean ur credit will become trashed and you wont be able to buy a snickers bar on a credit card let alone be able to have a credit card or any type of loan for at least 7yrs but yea go ahead with ur plan. :rolleyes: