Chase people

AJ

Can you be a little more specific?

fyi our claims number is 866-564-2262

OPTION 1 FOR ACH (DEBIT CARD PURCHASEES OR AUTO PAYMENTS) THEN CLICK OPTION # 2 FOR A NEW CLAIM THEN HIT 0 THEN # TO SKIP THE PROMPTS TO GET TO A REP.

what was compromised?

i had 3 cards used while i had accounts with chase. all were lost cards that i reported and they sent me a new one yet people were still making purchases with those cards. they bought shit like iTunes, home dept shit, and i called chase and they transfered me 100x and the top/last person i talked to was like, i really dont have an answer for you idk how they were used and still even active, but you still have to wait for the credit to return (which ended up being 2 weeks).

FUCK CHASE

That doesn't sound like a complete story.. did you report them stolen right away, or after purchases were made?

it is the complete story, I got issued new cards because I only use credit/debit cards so the magnetic strip wears quickly (ive had 2 new debits this year) and i tell them i want a new card (while i still have it) and report them lost/stolen so they deactivate it. I have never ever had a card lost or stolen before. I just had these fuckers steal the numbers from chase

like one the numbers that was stolen and chase still had active was a card that was two cards prior to the one i had then.

and i noticed the charges because i do online banking and it said iTunes $500 and i just download for free so i know i didnt buy it. I called itunes and chase and filed reports with both of them, also they used it for Home Dept somewhere in PA, well i only shop at lowes and had not even been near PA when the charges happened.

i tried to use my card and it said declined. went to check it on my chase online and it wasn't there anymore. called them and it was flagged for fraud and closed. someone set up a fedex shipping account under my name and was shipping stuff. (fedex also flagged it as fraud) they sent new a new card out no worries, no charges to me.

ashley is in vegas and they called her and said there was hundreds charged to her card online and they shut her card off. since thats the only card she has with her she can't buy anything so they are over nighting her a new card to her hotel. she didn't have to pay for those charges either.

I had my # stolen from my Huntington account a few weeks ago. They charged $600 in 5 minutes and Huntington got the account blocked before another $400 charge could go through. They called me and informed me of what was going on, and had the manager at the branch down the road stay there so that I could go get some cash out while they took care of things (they called me at like 5:05 PM). Had all the money back in my account 2 days later and never really had to do anything besides sign a form.

i tried to use my card and it said declined. went to check it on my chase online and it wasn't there anymore. called them and it was flagged for fraud and closed. someone set up a fedex shipping account under my name and was shipping stuff. (fedex also flagged it as fraud) they sent new a new card out no worries, no charges to me.

ashley is in vegas and they called her and said there was hundreds charged to her card online and they shut her card off. since thats the only card she has with her she can't buy anything so they are over nighting her a new card to her hotel. she didn't have to pay for those charges either.

Well it sounds like they are getting you guys taken care of. That's pretty good.

BUMP! I just got a call from Chase and checked online. Had over $2,200 in charges from Tampa, FL to Canada on my card in the last day.

They are taking care of everything 100% and sending me a new card which is cool...however, something is up. Somewhere our acct. info got out.

I remember seeing this thread and now am part of it :confused:

Keep an eye out folks...fraud is happening. Good news is they caught it before I did. Discover has been great about this for us too. Never got scammed, but they called me on my cell to notify me of an attempt on my card that didn't fit my profile of past charges. It was a legit use by me at a new store, but thought it was cool as hell they called me while standing in line.

So far Chase has done right by me. Good thing is we only use this card for 1-2 specific monthly bills, so any fraud is easy to spot.