iphone people may find this interesting

V8 Beast

its going to happen apple loves money and verizon is huge, but verizon will succumb to the same problems att has because we iphone users love bandwidth. I used a little over 3 gb last month lol

I've used 5 gb in the last 3 weeks :p

I love Verizon when I had them, but still glad I switched to AT&T. Verizon still doesn't have a phone i like and there are only rumors when then will.

Maybe the Eris is worth a shit? No one made a big deal about this phone, so I guess it's not that great? The Droid is built by Moto and I will never buy another one of their phones.

When my contract is up with AT&T we will see what you guys have to offer at that time.

And almost no one cares about speculation about the iPhone. Especially since there have been rumors about it coming to Verizon since it came out and obviously none of them came true. It's like the boy who cried wolf. I used to care when I was on Verizon and was hoping they would get the iPhone, pretty quickly I and everyone else realized that it's just people making stories up so they can get traffic on the net.

Maybe the 26th will be an announcement that Verizon gets the iPhone. AT&T has been advertising the hell out of their network vs Verizon. That tells me they know. It's only been in the last 3 months the Luke Wilson ads have been out, and more keep coming. Funny they didn't need those ads the other 2.5 years. Edited by Benjamin

Telecom December 17, 2009, 9:58PM EST

Jake, this.

And almost no one cares about speculation about the iPhone. Especially since there have been rumors about it coming to Verizon since it came out and obviously none of them came true. It's like the boy who cried wolf. I used to care when I was on Verizon and was hoping they would get the iPhone, pretty quickly I and everyone else realized that it's just people making stories up so they can get traffic on the net.

GSM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CDMA

Why a select few service providers, mostly in the US and Canada decided not to accept a global mobile standard is still beyond me...

That is really the main thing standing in the way. I bet it doesn't happen till LTE takes hold. Even though Qualcomm made a new hybrid GSM/CDMA radio chip, I still bet it doesn't happen till then.

If ATT loses the iphone and vzw takes it over... along with keep the android os, i see ATT struggling for sure hah

Ze Germans will buy up the cellular network. Then you only have Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.

I want it to happen, the plans will start coming down in price.

That's the only advantage I see happening. I am tired of a $145 cell bill every month.

Maybe the 26th will be an announcement that Verizon gets the iPhone. AT&T has been advertising the hell out of their network vs Verizon. That tells me they know. It's only been in the last 3 months the Luke Wilson ads have been out, and more keep coming. Funny they didn't need those ads the other 2.5 years.

I think they did this with Luke cause they needed to retaliate against all the map joke commercials VZW were putting out. I hate to say it, but if VZW gets the iphone, their customer count is going to increase 25% within 1 year I bet. Day one release will be a mad fucking house at all stores. I gotta look into this cdma iphone though.

If ATT loses the iphone and vzw takes it over... along with keep the android os, i see ATT struggling for sure hah

I agree. The question is will the devices be the same. Say I am on ATT with my GSM iPhone and VZW now sells iPhones...can I go activate it over on the CDMA network somehow?

There is rumor that AT&T might get the new Nexus One (http://nexuscellphone.com/) along with T-Mobile. Google is being very secretive with this phone though.

Edited by kickass

yeah I kinda hope other carriers get it so my rate will hopefully be changing, right now I either pay my 170 a month for 2 i phones or dont have one. When I see companies offering 49.99 a month unlimited everything, 79.99 a month unlimited family plans it pisses me off

There is rumor that AT&T might get the new Nexus One (http://nexuscellphone.com/) along with T-Mobile. Google is being very secretive with this phone though.

The Nexus is said to not be subsidized to any carrier. Although I saw the pricing. It's 179.00 with a 2yr term on T-Mobile or $529.99 open to any GSM.

The Nexus is said to not be subsidized to any carrier. Although I saw the pricing. It's 179.00 with a 2yr term on T-Mobile or $529.99 open to any GSM.

Yeah, I need to get my hands on one, luckily I'm with T-mobile. But open to any GSM doesnt mean that it will work with AT&T's 3G because its on a different band than t-mobile's. So that's where the rumor comes in, that there will be one that works on AT&T's 3G network.