Another computer question

wnaplay1647545503

If I stop using my laptop for a few minutes it loses its connections and I have to "repair" the connection. This started when I had my old modem go bad and I purchased a new different namebrand one. Anyone know a way to make it so it just stays connected? Please keep answers simple. Thanks

Wireless or wired? if wired make sure all cords are snuggly connected, if wireless make sure wireless button (switch on outside of laptop if it has one) is completely enabled in wireless position.

When all else fails unplug everything power and all and reconnect everything in this order (works for me when my internets being funky).

Unplug everything. Plug modem in (give it a minute) > plug router in ( give it a minute ) > turn Laptop on and pray.

What OS? You should disallow the device from turning off to save power, this might do the trick.

I can give you more detailed directions if you tell me the operating system, but basically open the properties of the wireless NIC in the device manager. On the power management tab there should be a checkbox for "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power"

Is the laptop actually going into sleep mode? If so you could adjust your power settings to wait longer until sleep.

1. Right click "My computer" and choose "Properties"

2. Click "hardware" tab, click "device manager" button.

3. Expand "network adapters" and right click your wireless adapter, then choose "properties"

4. Click the "power management" tab, deselect "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

5. Click Ok.