New Albany/Black Wing Gun range Questions

Evolved8

I have some questions about NEW ALBANY/Black Wing shooting centers...

-NEW ALBANY-

Do you have a membership?

Will you sign up for another year when it expires?

How often do you shoot there?

How do you like the place overall?

-BLACK WING-(if they offer one??)

Do you have a membership?

Will you sign up for another year when it expires?

How often do you shoot there?

How do you like the place overall?

Thanks in advance

-NEW ALBANY-

Do you have a membership? Yes

Will you sign up for another year when it expires? If I do it will be 3 years in a row

How often do you shoot there? At least 1-2 times a month

How do you like the place overall? Place is awesome except for Ron. He is an asshole manager.

-BLACK WING-(if they offer one??)

Do you have a membership? NO

Will you sign up for another year when it expires? N/A

How often do you shoot there? Shot there once.

How do you like the place overall? Place is great if you like shooting clay pigeons. Other then that the indoor range has a different type of target return system. Because of this they only allow 00 buckshot indoors. I don't buy that for target ammo. NASR on the other hand is indoors only but they allow you to shoot anything.

Thanks in advance

-NEW ALBANY-

Do you have a membership? I did last year, however it expired.

Will you sign up for another year when it expires? I will renew at the end of 2010 after the dust settles from buying our first house.

How often do you shoot there? I went about twice a month, sometimes with my wife or brother.

How do you like the place overall? I really liked it. I don't have any experience with other ranges, but was 100% satisfied with it.

Thanks in advance

Supposedly blackwing is nicer, and offers more options such as clays and outdoor shooting etc. However the shooting benefits of NASR are much better. When I had it, you got free shooting for you and 1 guest M-F and 1/2 off Sat, Sun and holidays. Considering I just shoot my 9mm, NASR was perfect for me.

ive shot at both. i dont have a membership for either though. i dont shoot enough for it to be worth it. i guess if you are someone who shoots a couple times a month or more, it'd be worth it. personally, i might go to a range 3x a year. ammo is getting expensive and ive got other things my time/money can go to and i can enjoy myself just as much.

Well a membership is $180 for one year. So if you shoot a total of 8 times a year at $22 a visit you will have broke even.. The $180 for unlimited visits in a year and m-f free shooting sounds good no?

Any further info on blackwing?

Well a membership is $180 for one year. So if you shoot a total of 8 times a year at $22 a visit you will have broke even.. The $180 for unlimited visits in a year and m-f free shooting sounds good no?

Any further info on blackwing?

yeah, i may have been to ranges 8x total since i bought my first handgun when i was 21.

You save even more money if you go more often. ;)

Been a member @ BWSC since 08'. Only indoor range I will frequent.

My only beef with NASC, is the safety BS to go through everytime you go to the range. Granted for MOST people in this world, it is a great idea. However, I've had my fair share of firearm experience, so it's kind of a slap in the face to have to do.

I have shot at both.

I am a member at New Albany. I was a member back in 2005 and just got a new one this year.

I like NA a lot. Blackwing is much larger but NA is much closer to me. Honestly I would say it is probably more a matter of which one is close to you. They are both nice and from what I have experienced the cost is about the same at both places.

If you are a member at NA then you only have to do the saftey video the 1st time. i believe you can get a card as a non member that states you have watched the video and you do not have to do it again.

I have shot at both.

i believe you can get a card as a non member that states you have watched the video and you do not have to do it again.

Yeah costs $5 and lasts a year or until they change the safety video content. Whatever comes first. But you still have a valid card for 365 days you just watch the new video.