Ford is killing it.

zeitgeist57

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/05/looking-up-ford-posts-33-sales-gain-in-2009-15-market-share/

Wow. Those are seriously impressive sales numbers.

Though, as a historically GM guy I'm not surprised. The Ford Fusion I rented in November in NYC was a wonderful car to drive.

I personally don't get it.

I drive an 06 F150 daily, and unless they changed the F150 a LOT, I wouldn't even consider owning one. Rides like shit, uncomfortable seats, dash is cheap feeling (well, the whole damn truck is), and has had a number of problems a truck with 33k on the clock shouldn't have, including the slightly rough idle the dealer can't seem to fix, excessively quick tire wear, tailgate lock that lock that jams up, and A/C that leaked. I'll give it credit for having good brakes, and handles decent enough for a full-size truck, with decent steering feel for a full size. 4.6L is smooth when not idling up to redline, but not powerful by any means (my much heavier Avalanche is quicker).

The Mustang is ugly. They did the best work on the Mustang with the 03-04 Cobra, and shit on it after that IMO.

I've never driven a Fusion or Taurus, but they aren't a car I'd be in the market for, and looks wise don't do anything for me. Focus is a hunk of shit. Overall I don't see a lot of excitement in their lineup, but that seemed to work for Toyota for some reason.

I personally don't get it.

I drive an 06 F150 daily, and unless they changed the F150 a LOT, I wouldn't even consider owning one. Rides like shit, uncomfortable seats, dash is cheap feeling (well, the whole damn truck is), and has had a number of problems a truck with 33k on the clock shouldn't have, including the slightly rough idle the dealer can't seem to fix, excessively quick tire wear, tailgate lock that lock that jams up, and A/C that leaked. I'll give it credit for having good brakes, and handles decent enough for a full-size truck, with decent steering feel for a full size. 4.6L is smooth when not idling up to redline, but not powerful by any means (my much heavier Avalanche is quicker).

Is it a work truck? There is a night and day difference between the lower end and the higher end models. My bosses 2010 F-150 Platinum is beautiful on the inside. Much better than any other new truck I've been in recently.

Is it a work truck? There is a night and day difference between the lower end and the higher end models. My bosses 2010 F-150 Platinum is beautiful on the inside. Much better than any other new truck I've been in recently.

+1

The 2009+ Ford F150's are great trucks. Much better than the current models GM has been putting out. Talk about cheap all around, the GM trucks are put together like shit. The fit and finish lack in comparrison to the Ford/Dodge line up. The new model GM trucks will turn into the 88-98 body style, for the sheer fact they'll be cheap as nails.

I've sat in a loaded F150...the dash is all the same. Seats are different though.

Engine and such would be the same. I'd assume ride quality is similar as well with a more loaded model.

Agreed, except you obviously haven't been in a new Dodge Ram (and they had the heated steering wheel before Ford). :)

Ford has been impressing me a lot lately. I like the new Fusion/Milan, the Escape isn't bad, the F150's are nice (Raptor is awesome!), the New Edge is nice, Lincoln MKS is beautiful...really the only things that bother me are the Focus and the Lincoln that's on the Flex platform (ugly).

Agreed, except you obviously haven't been in a new Dodge Ram (and they had the heated steering wheel before Ford). :)

Ford has been impressing me a lot lately. I like the new Fusion/Milan, the Escape isn't bad, the F150's are nice (Raptor is awesome!), the New Edge is nice, Lincoln MKS is beautiful...really the only things that bother me are the Focus and the Lincoln that's on the Flex platform (ugly).

Haven't been in a new Ram. Just the Toyota and Chevy.