Top Gear: Lexus LFA

Mr. Jones

I love the car, and most everything about it. Except:

You heard the price, right? 340,000 GBP = $545,313. Holly shit expensive.

At 100-150k, that car would have sold like hot cakes, and been worth it. At over A HALF MILLION DOLLARS, there is no way in hell I'd want it, even if I were uber rich.

I saw that vid on Autoblog, and it was really well done. I loved the Japanese anime-style artwork overlay to the video.

Though - in my financial mind - I couldn't help but wonder if I'm not rowing my own gears why I wouldn't just get a GT-R for one sixth of the price...

Being a Toyota fan, I'm dissapointed with this car. The past years Toyota has basically abandoned the enthusiast and now they come up with this? A car that I can never afford? Wow, thanks a lot Toyota for showing us that you can make a car that's fun to drive and then making it so expensive that I can't get one(so expensive I could buy a Ferrari AND a Gallardo for that price). I am much more impressed with the FT-86, a car I can actually drive.

Being a Toyota fan, I'm dissapointed with this car. The past years Toyota has basically abandoned the enthusiast and now they come up with this? A car that I can never afford? Wow, thanks a lot Toyota for showing us that you can make a car that's fun to drive and then making it so expensive that I can't get one(so expensive I could buy a Ferrari AND a Gallardo for that price). I am much more impressed with the FT-86, a car I can actually drive.

+1

I waited for the IS-F and then IS convertible to come out.Once I looked at the price tag for performance level it was obvious Lexus was trying to make it on their reputation and not the cars ability.The LF-A is a WASTE.

but like they said even at the price toyota wont make a single cent.. they are actually loosing money on each car. i would love one but no way could afford one, but still its an amazing car none the less.

Its a demonstration to show that they can make the highest quality cars, and as well make a higher quality supercar.

Eventually some of that things tech (like the dash) will trickle into its other cars, so its not a complete loss.