I NEED HELP ASAP

Kevin R.

I need a lot of examples of 1994 Mustang GT or V6 for sale that are worth more than $2250. Preferably higher mileage.

I am going to argue with this damn Nationwide fuck until my face turns green.

Thanks. Only doing this because he tried to prove the value to my dad by looking up cars online.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably won't matter Kevin. Cars deprecate and this is taken into effect when you total a car out. The only way around this is paying extra premium for custom parts you add to a car. Usually this is just a dollar amount that you both agree to insure. At least that is how Nationwide Ins works...

It probably won't matter Kevin. Cars deprecate and this is taken into effect when you total a car out. The only way around this is paying extra premium for custom parts you add to a car. Usually this is just a dollar amount that you both agree to insure. At least that is how Nationwide Ins works...

I know it won't matter and I don't care. I am still going to argue.

Also do an ebay search to sell what 94 mustangs have sold for over the last month-year. Bad thing is I seen just as many $1k cars for sale as well. Tell him plain and simple to find you a car that was in the exact same condition as yours for that money and he can cut the seller a check for you and you will be happy.

Those are some good examples but I bet your agent is going off the price on kbb.com. Good luck bro.

Most insurance places use NADA out East KBB is more for the Western part of the US. NADA is always bit higher then KBB, hope this helps you out a bit, but a highmilage 1994 car is prolly close what they are trying to settle for.

Good quote. Will use.

That would be the entire platform I would run on. It is probably the fairest and even argument you could come up with. Your not asking for anything more than what you had before the accident. Who can fault you for that? Its of course a longshot but I would argue this point to no end.

Most insurance places use NADA out East KBB is more for the Western part of the US. NADA is always bit higher then KBB, hope this helps you out a bit, but a highmilage 1994 car is prolly close what they are trying to settle for.

They are. I am responding to the fact that my dad told him all of the shit we put into the car, i.e. tranny, rear end, etc. These weren't UPGRADES per say, but merely keeping the car in good condition.

This guy looked at the pictures and tells my dad "Sure don't look like no show car to me" then went online trying to find nicer ones. Well fuck you, dude. You have pictures of the car from AFTER an accident in the dead of winter. You don't know how the car can look.

Sure, I can go buy a 170k Mustang for $2500. What happens 5k down the road when I have to turn around and put $1400 into the tranny when it goes out? All shit that was taken care of on mine. You can't compare.

BTW - before Captain Insurance comes in here to argue with me. I am well aware I am going to get $2250 and arguing does no good because he is doing his job...blah blah.

However, if you want to be a douche about giving me jack shit for my car -- you can listen to me bitch about it the last hour before you get to go home for the day.

Guest JCroz91
BTW - before Captain Insurance comes in here to argue with me. I am well aware I am going to get $2250 and arguing does no good because he is doing his job...blah blah.

However, if you want to be a douche about giving me jack shit for my car -- you can listen to me bitch about it the last hour before you get to go home for the day.

lol

Amen.

Guest tbutera2112

if they use NADA, why would they offer him average trade in value? shouldnt it be based on clean retail? the car looked nice in the pic posted

Nationwide uses CCC Valuescope and they generate the value of your car based off of real cars that are for sale or have been for sale in the past 90 days. KBB and NADA are both reference guides that mean absolutely nothing and don't represent the actual value of the vehicle. Read the disclaimers for for KBB and NADA. Also look what what they say cars are worth. I've looked up my personal cars and its crazy what they say they are worth and I definitely wouldn't pay or be able to sell them for what they claim.

Also you said you put a bunch of money in it like tranny and other things. What would of happened if you didn't put the tranny in rearend in the car? It would be worth even less. Cars are money pits and require upkeep to keep the car running and last a long time. Just because you put $2,000 worth of work in your car doesn't make it worth $2,000 more.

Finding other mustangs for sale isn't going to help you much because they have already gone out there and looked for mustangs for sale in the area. You can find 10 mustangs higher than what they have but you will also be able to find 10 that are lower than what they have. They go for the ones priced in the middle because that is whats more realistic.

My suggestion is for you to ask for the CCC report and look it over carefully and have them explain every detail to you so that you can possibly find an error and understand where they are coming from.

Edited by bagsan20s

KBB and NADA are both reference guides that mean absolutely nothing and don't represent the actual value of the vehicle. Read the disclaimers for for KBB and NADA. I definitely wouldn't pay or be able to sell them for what they claim.

Have to disagree here. I doubt there are many here - that aren't dealers - that sell more cars than me, and I always buy and sell using KBB Private Party.

Maybe you were talking about KBB Retail?

Have to disagree here. I doubt there are many here - that aren't dealers - that sell more cars than me, and I always buy and sell using KBB Private Party.

Maybe you were talking about KBB Retail?

Yea I was talking about retail. KBB private party is usually pretty accurate. With NADA I usually take an average of clean trade in and retail.

They're going to give you book value regardless of what maintenance you put into it, Nationwide doesn't care.

I know they don't.

However, if they use this whole "scanning the market" bullshit system -- then I want them to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

It is just simply bullshit no matter how you look at it. Insurance is to make me whole again -- not half.