Anyone want to dress a cow?

RyM3rC

So one of my cows just died, a little guy about a year old maybe? So we can't get a hold of any butchers and I'm having a bitch of a time finding someone to come dress it or show me how to dress it. I don't even know if I can eat it or not, but I don't want the meat to spoil or whatever. I'm right in the middle of about 3 different things right now or I'd google it. Anyway, it's out here just outside Dublin if anyone wants to come out. I'll pay you in cash, or meat.

I think the fuckin thing choked or something. He was fine this morning and afternoon, and he was eating and drinking. Then he just died.

Well, I'm a little worried the other cows may start keeling over, but I don't get the feeling he was sick since he was eating, active and such. I can't even imagine the loonies that c CL add would draw haha. Maybe last resort.

Well, I'm a little worried the other cows may start keeling over, but I don't get the feeling he was sick since he was eating, active and such. I can't even imagine the loonies that c CL add would draw haha. Maybe last resort.

I dunno it was just my gf's recommendation as a vet.

She wants to know if you use magnets...

no magnets. They did get exposed to some horses yesterday though.

She says either it had hardware disease and the heart sac was punctured or it was sick. Obviously with it being a beef cow, there is money involved in either eating the meat or getting a necropsy since the meat is ruined that she doesn't want to make a "reccomendation" but rather just say that she would at least get blood work done if it was her livestock.

I assume I can take the bloodwork to any vet? I definitely don't want to get dead cow disease, but I also don't want to waste hundreds of pounds of cow meat when I'm kinda poor. Hardware disease, like it ate something that stuck it? They do eat everything.

Okay, Vet says the dumbass choked, so I don't have to worry about zombie-cow. He told me just to cut the meat off from around the spine, stick it in the fridge and eat all I could for the next week. He advised against freezing it unless I was giving it to dogs, and my wife definitely won't allow that. Anyone want pics?

Okay, Vet says the dumbass choked, so I don't have to worry about zombie-cow. He told me just to cut the meat off from around the spine, stick it in the fridge and eat all I could for the next week. He advised against freezing it unless I was giving it to dogs, and my wife definitely won't allow that. Anyone want pics?

Gf was wondering what it choked on. Vet said nothing about bloat?

lol i oddly woudl liek to see...

Nope. It had been dead a few hours, was still warm and limber. It was steaming pretty good cutting into it too. Choked on hay, they are really aggressive eaters.

I don't know why I can't freeze it. I'd guess something about not bleeding it right away maybe? I don't know, but it's been outside and that's where it will stay until I can bury it tomorrow afternoon.

Nope. It had been dead a few hours, was still warm and limber. It was steaming pretty good cutting into it too. Choked on hay, they are really aggressive eaters.

I don't know why I can't freeze it. I'd guess something about not bleeding it right away maybe? I don't know, but it's been outside and that's where it will stay until I can bury it tomorrow afternoon.

lol no, bloat is a condition

In cattle, bloating is most often caused by the animal eating damp, green alfalfa. New (green) alfalfa hay, especially that made from the first cutting of the year, must be kept from cattle until it has aged for several weeks. When a calf has become bloated, often a section of hose is inserted down the throat and into the stomach to relieve the gas pressure that builds up. A veterinarian should be called for treatment. As with dogs, death of the animal often results if bloat is not quickly treated.

I was told since I didn't bleed it out shortly after it died the meat wouldn't be salvageable. Of course, one of my other friends told me to dress it and pack it with snow...?

If you want it come get it.