KruelHouse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

only advice i can give you is this...

you buy it...and give it to me. i will gladly accept an english bulldog

I'm sayin Ricky Ross... As much as I like you (Don't think that we've met), I dunno if I'm benevolent enough to break myself of 1k, and just hand the pup over... How about I make you an investor. You buy it, pay for food, shots, vet visits, training etc... And I'll keep him at MY house, and walk him and such. I'll send you updates, complete with pics. It's like sponsoring a pup, and you don't even have to listen to Sally Struthers!!!

$1000 for a dog is crazy, especially if you're not sure about the breed and it's your first dog. Get a shiba inu, those things are the best dogs every and rarely bark, too. I'm not a dog person at all either. My parents have two and they've won me over. I'm biased, can you tell?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shiba-inu-puppy-cam

There was one for sale in Pataskala last week for $350. I don't think it was a pup though.

Rescue, don't buy.

I've got 2 rescues, and I could not ask for better dogs. Go visit a dog shelter; if you honestly want a dog and somehow walk out of there without one, then congrats...you're the first human to ever be born without a heart :p

Hell, a google search for "english bulldog rescue" came up with...holy crap, a rescue network for english bulldogs! Nearly every breed has a rescue network; contact them and you can help save a dog while getting the breed you want at the same time :)

Dogs... psh.

If you're going to drop $1k on an animal, get one of these

a1savannahsdeof2male.jpg

That thing would stalk, eat, and shit an english bulldog for lunch. :D

Ok, I guess dogs are cool too, but like Harb said - get a rescue pup, 10x the personality from those dogs for some reason. :cool:

Edit: Sorry, I'm bored.

Edited by JRMMiii

Thanks for all of the info guys! Dude just came by my desk, trying to "sell me" on the pup. I told him that I think that when the time comes, I'm just going to adopt and be done with it...
good choice man.

i couldn't force myself to spend 1k on a dog. my blue heeler was $200 and he's cool as hell...and fat.

Thanks for all of the info guys! Dude just came by my desk, trying to "sell me" on the pup. I told him that I think that when the time comes, I'm just going to adopt and be done with it...

Spend the money and get the dog you WANT!!! You wont have regrets if you do what you want.

You won't be disappointed. It's not even the money; you can't put a price on the type of friend you get in a dog, but having rescued dogs has been one of the true joys in my life. I've got 2 dogs that I have no idea what the hell breeds they are (though we've got some suspicions) but I don't give a damn to be honest...they're two of the best friends I've ever had and :)

CesandPete.jpg

As with any adoption, breeder or otherwise, I recommend getting pet insurance. I work in the ER at MedVet, one of only a couple ER in the city, and our invoices just for some testing and an overnight stay are very seldom less than $500. Surgeries there are going to be more than $2000 easy and most vets in the area refer to our specialty departments.

Bulldogs, as with any breed, are known for specific problems (allergies, skin problems, ear infections, breathing, bloat just to name a few) and more than likely you will spend extra money on this dog over the next 10 years. At least have a look at the mother (and father if possible) and see what they look like, act like, sound like before you adopt. I wouldn't spend $1000 for a dog but that's just me. Definitely stay away from PetLand. Rescue groups are great as well as the shelters, you just have to remember that lots of those dogs are in those situations for a reason, so you may be looking at behavioral problems. However, most of them are just looking for a loving family. The PetSmart training is good but you have to do the exercises at home, not just at the class, for it to be worthwhile.

I'm not terribly familiar with the downtown/short north area but Northstar Vet Clinic (5th and Northstar) is owned by a doctor that I've worked with and comes highly recommended.

Good luck with your search and let me know if you need any help finding a good dog or training the pup.

You won't be disappointed. It's not even the money; you can't put a price on the type of friend you get in a dog, but having rescued dogs has been one of the true joys in my life. I've got 2 dogs that I have no idea what the hell breeds they are (though we've got some suspicions) but I don't give a damn to be honest...they're two of the best friends I've ever had and :)

CesandPete.jpg

I rescued one of those unknown red dogs. WTF are they. i think hes part Dingo.

IMG_0163.jpg

We are still not settled enough to have a dog......but I grew up with them and I know how much I miss them. We seat our neighbors all the time. If anybody wants to go for vacation or such, we will be happy to seat your dog for free. No obligations, I am serious we will have a lot if fun with them as well...that's the reward.

But please no nasty pitbulls :D who will chase after by balls