Anyone have a Springfield XD Compact/Sub-Compact I can check out?

Bam

Seriously considering buying one this month, but would love to test fire one a few times, and try and get a feel for it. I'm leaning more towards the subcompact, but would like to shoot either. I'll use my ammo and pay for your entry fee if you want. thanks

Seriously considering buying one this month, but would love to test fire one a few times, and try and get a feel for it. I'm leaning more towards the subcompact, but would like to shoot either. I'll use my ammo and pay for your entry fee if you want. thanks

go to NASR if they have one for rent

M&P>XD

you speak the truth. ive told him previously the same thing. lol.

and he put a good amount of rounds through my M&P 9c at blackwing a couple months ago. i guess you can't knock him for wanting to shoot the XD to compare it to what he shot at BWSC

I'm going to NASR tomorrow with a buddy most likely, we'll rent a few guns and hopefully I can get a feel for them. Evan, I kind of remember shooting yours, anyway we can meet up again before the months end? I've got ammo and everything, you can fire mine if you want, but it'd be nice to try it out again.

i can probably meet up with you somewhere close like NASR if you want to shoot it, but i probably wont do any shooting. NASR and powder room are about the same distance away from me in either direction, but i'd guess that NASR would have a few more rentals...i could be wrong though

^^That could work. What's better for you, days or evenings?

And do you carry the M&P full time? It's got a longer barrel than my ruger i sold and people always said that's too big to carry, so what's the difference?

^^That could work. What's better for you, days or evenings?

And do you carry the M&P full time? It's got a longer barrel than my ruger i sold and people always said that's too big to carry, so what's the difference?

ive got a M&P compact. im pretty sure your ruger was a lot bigger than my gun. i dont carry it full time. winter i usually carry it when i think about it, otherwise when i leave it at home i just throw my keltec in my pocket since its in my glovebox every other time in the day

oh ok, i just was looking on vances site, the regular size is 4.14" versus the 3.9" on the ruger, at least thats what they put, hope i can find some nice guns to rent tomorrow and then we'll be in touch. any idea how much the compact m&p goes for?

oh ok, i just was looking on vances site, the regular size is 4.14" versus the 3.9" on the ruger, at least thats what they put, hope i can find some nice guns to rent tomorrow and then we'll be in touch. any idea how much the compact m&p goes for?

4.25" in regular.

Meet the M&P Compact Pistol from Smith &

Wesson.

Reinforced polymer chassis, superior

ergonomics, ambidextrous controls, proven safety

features. The new standard in reliability when

your job is to serve and protect and your life is

on the line.

In the design of the M&P, we

considered the needs of military and law

enforcement from every conceivable angle. No other

polymer pistol offers this combination of

versatility, durability and safety.

12 Rd, Std Sights, 2 Mags

Model: M&P9c

Caliber: 9mm

Capacity: 12+1

Barrel Length: 3.5"

Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount

Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount

Carry

Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.

Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300in.

Trigger Reset: Approx. .140in.

Frame: Compact

Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68HRc

Overall Length: 6.7"

Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural

Components

Weight Empty (No Mag): 21.7oz.

Overall Height: 4.3"

Width: 1.2"

Sight Length: 5.75"

i dont know how much they are going for right now. im trying to remember how much mine was. i want to say 449 with a rebate...im looking now. but that was also before prices started to go up w/ the new administration, so i'd say $499 now would be reasonable

I ended up buying the Springfield XD-Compact today at Vances. Comming from being a previous owner of a smith and wesson M&P Compact, I like them both alot. I feel The Xd is easier to clean. It did come with alot more Acc. then the M&P did (Hard belt holster, 2 mag holder, and Speed loader.) Shooting they are very simmlar to hard to tell a difference. I like the double Safety's on the Springfield (one on the back of the grip, and the "glock style" on the trigger.) The M&P only had a trigger safety. Also the Springfield came with a 15rd extra mag that makes the grip length identical to the sub compact which i though was pretty nice. And gave nice control.

I frequent New albany so if you buy some rounds i wouldn't mind you shooting it.

here...found this on another forum i posted on. i knew it was around somewhere...

Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm...449+tax w/ 50$ mail in rebate, came w/ 2 magazines (12 rds each) and the rebate includes 2 more magazines

so in the end, $399.99 + tax and i got 4 mags.

I ended up buying the Springfield XD-Compact today at Vances. Comming from being a previous owner of a smith and wesson M&P Compact, I like them both alot. I feel The Xd is easier to clean. It did come with alot more Acc. then the M&P did (Hard belt holster, 2 mag holder, and Speed loader.) Shooting they are very simmlar to hard to tell a difference. I like the double Safety's on the Springfield (one on the back of the grip, and the "glock style" on the trigger.) The M&P only had a trigger safety. Also the Springfield came with a 15rd extra mag that makes the grip length identical to the sub compact which i though was pretty nice. And gave nice control.

I frequent New albany so if you buy some rounds i wouldn't mind you shooting it.

Awesome, did you get all that for the $419 + tax? I'd love to meet up some time, I've got plenty of ammo. Are you available this weekend at all?

Awesome, did you get all that for the $419 + tax? I'd love to meet up some time, I've got plenty of ammo. Are you available this weekend at all?

Yes its on sale form $579.99.

and I have never seen the M&P compact under $500. However there was a mail in rebate for $50 when i bought mine last year. but its not currently going on asked vances today.

For about $100 less i dont think you can beat the Springfield as far as bang for the buck.

Pm me if you would like to hit the rance soon no problem

I bought an xd-9 subcompact for my brother for christmas for 449.99 from Vances. That was with no rebate. It came with all the "xd-gear" bs, but i was really sold when the package included a tac light. It came down to either the full size xd9 or the subcompact, i chose the latter b/c it came with the tac light.

Went and checked out the m&p and xd sc today at vances, feeling the xd much more. have a lead on a slightly used one for $300 i think...hoping that pans out, otherwise i'm prob gonna pick up the xd new this weekend, after hopefully meeting up with evolved to try his out.

Oh and the m&p compact was $529 at vances, and only came with one mag.

the xd sc was $419 and came w/ 2 mags, 1 was extended, a speedloader, lock, case, and holster.