Neurologist needed

kshymkiw83

Yup, he did all my work for my cluster headaches. He looked at my brain scan, but he also looked at stuff like how I walked etc...

I'm glad you had good luck with him, but I'll be honest I wouldn't cross the street to piss on the man if he was on fire.

My father had parkinsons, and Paulson was his neurologist. Kept screwing with his meds, hallucinations got out of control, attitude was that should be expected. We finally went to see a neurologist at OSU who said "if those meds aren't working for him, lets not give them to him anymore". I firmly believe we stuck with Paulson too long, and my fathers quality of life suffered. I may be able to track down who we took my father to, but it's been a while.

I'm glad you had good luck with him, but I'll be honest I wouldn't cross the street to piss on the man if he was on fire.

My father had parkinsons, and Paulson was his neurologist. Kept screwing with his meds, hallucinations got out of control, attitude was that should be expected. We finally went to see a neurologist at OSU who said "if those meds aren't working for him, lets not give them to him anymore". I firmly believe we stuck with Paulson too long, and my fathers quality of life suffered. I may be able to track down who we took my father to, but it's been a while.

Interesting....

My wife has had Limb Lengthening done, and her Ortho doctor says he symptoms aren't from Nerve Damage, etc... from that. She basically will be walking, get real dizzy, and her legs will go numb and she will fall down. This just started about 4 moths ago.

If you could track down the person at OSU, that would be great.

Sorry to hear that about your wife, it sounds very stressful. Unfortunately I did find out that the doctor we liked at OSU has moved on (I believe to Virginia), but her name was Karen Thomas. Apparently she took the new position shortly before my father passed away, so I didn't even find out about it until tonight.

A suggestion that was recommended to me would be to get in touch with Central Ohio Parkinson Society. Every person/family in that organization needs/has a neurologist that they see. There should be recommendations about anyone practicing in the central Ohio area.

Sorry to hear that about your wife, it sounds very stressful. Unfortunately I did find out that the doctor we liked at OSU has moved on (I believe to Virginia), but her name was Karen Thomas. Apparently she took the new position shortly before my father passed away, so I didn't even find out about it until tonight.

A suggestion that was recommended to me would be to get in touch with Central Ohio Parkinson Society. Every person/family in that organization needs/has a neurologist that they see. There should be recommendations about anyone practicing in the central Ohio area.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into them and see what I can find out from them.

Interesting....

My wife has had Limb Lengthening done, and her Ortho doctor says he symptoms aren't from Nerve Damage, etc... from that. She basically will be walking, get real dizzy, and her legs will go numb and she will fall down. This just started about 4 moths ago.

If you could track down the person at OSU, that would be great.

Not to diminish your problem but are you talking limb lengthening surgery like in Gattica? Was one leg shorter than the other? I was completely unaware that was possible. On a serious note, hope she gets better.

Not to diminish your problem but are you talking limb lengthening surgery like in Gattica? Was one leg shorter than the other? I was completely unaware that was possible. On a serious note, hope she gets better.

Yes I am.

She had a difference of 9 1/2 inches between her right and left leg. I am in Florida now, because her doctor, moved down here, and we hopefully just went through her last surgery.

http://www.limblengtheningdoc.org/index.html

Despite the corny URL, he is the foremost expert in the world on Deformity Correction/Lengthening. WE are hear with 2 Families from Poland, 1 from Ukraine, 1 from Spain, 2 from Saudi Arabia, and all over the US. Really interesting stuff, if you actually get into it.

Okay, I feel like a real tool now. I happened to be talking with my sister and she set me straight. The doctor I mentioned before (Paulson) was my mothers parkinson doctor, not my father. We did like Paulson as a doctor, but it's a moot point because he retired years ago. This is the guy I hated.

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/ohio/neurology_child_neurology/Beraducci_Albert.html

Okay, I feel like a real tool now. I happened to be talking with my sister and she set me straight. The doctor I mentioned before (Paulson) was my mothers parkinson doctor, not my father. We did like Paulson as a doctor, but it's a moot point because he retired years ago. This is the guy I hated.

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/ohio/neurology_child_neurology/Beraducci_Albert.html

Thanks for clearing that up, sucks that he retired.

Dr. O'Donnell at Ortho Neuro is great. I (arts wife) was in a headache study that he did last year. He does much more than just headaches though. He has some of the latest treatments and is a really good doctor. They have a couple locations- I saw him at the Westerville location. Good Luck.