Purchasing Mac Tool Box

BlackMess

I am purchasing a Mac box from an indiviual this sunday. I do have the serial number from the box. The owner claims there is no lein on the box but he has only owned it for 45 days. Is there any way of determining if the original purchaser still owes money on the box? I just want to be sure there is no way the box could potentially get repo'd.

Thanks

if someone else owes money on it, its not your problem.

and plus one on the John Sharpe thing.

Yeah, it is. If he pays the guy for it and it turns out MAC owns in and they find it, MAC gets first right to the box (They take it) and he would be out the money.

Call MAC and find out.

We can't tell you if he owes money on the box the majority of the time. If he put it on a MAC Card, I don't think we'll give that information out. If he bought it off the truck using a truck account, we have no right to the box. Each distributor owns all of their inventory so that takes us out of the loop.

If you find out any more information, I'll be happy to try to help.

Called Mac and they responded with the same answers as Hal. Might call the guy and have him come up with the receipt and have him sign a bill of sale. Thats my best idea.

If you can find out the distributor (if he's not) that sold him the box, that may help. Again, let me know if I can help out.