who has moved on??

88lx5oh

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't care anymore. I have more things to worry about rather than dumping money into a car. I'd rather mod my house than mod the car.

If I had extra money over at the end of each check.. sure, i'd probably do something. Right now.. I don't.. so it goes to other things.

Some day I'll get back into it.. but right now is not the time.

its not totally about the money, as much as frustration..

as well as there is more of the hobby to do on a bike to me.

you can travel, race at the track (drag or road course), bike nights, poker runs, etc etc..

yeah you can do it in a car, but its just not as fun.

especially in a car thats modified (traveling wise)

you can get on a bike and almost never have to worry about shit breaking.

plus its just a different experience

but like buck i like to mod my house now as well... and my garage.

Your eclipse was crazy low when i bought it, i actually enjoyed it but mostly b/c if i wanted to feel like an adult i would just drive my jetta.

Is that the same care that was in piece's in your garage last time I was at your house?

Yeah I really really miss my eclipse wish I never sold it. That car was just so clean it got attention for the dsm'ers not for being big power , but for how well it was taken care of. It bothered me so much that it had the typical small dings and hood chips, Oh well I thought that car was going to be one that I would keep when I was like 50 lol. But thats the car before I stripped it down to a shell for paint ect. I ended up selling it last year to a guy in Delaware .

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/240sx21.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/paint7.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/240sxjdmskirts.jpg

I think when you seen it in the garage I was just starting to lay paint down in the engine bay area, I had so much time and money in that car yuck makes me sick thinking about

After having that house fire last Jan, I had no choice to get rid of it.

I think "moved on" is a relative term.

We can't just stop loving cars, but perhaps our tastes or desires have shifted over time.

Did I LOVE having my DSM, Yes! Would I own another one, probably not.

At this juncture, I'll trade all out speed (and the tickets that come with chasing it) for luxury and some class. It's nice to have cars that you can enjoy daily, and not worry about the "next thing to break".

Was/is he running bags? If it's air, then get that shit out of here. I can't really tell much by that picture, but it just looks lip low.

If it's static, I want pinchweld measurements..

I bet it's pretty close, because I was measuring just about 3 inches from the ground at pinchwelds before winter setup. Hell, even at my winter height I can't make it over speedbumps.

It has no bags and no perches i think , No bags for sure though.

It has no bags and no perches i think , No bags for sure though.

MR Marty where are you!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Marty had to bang his front fenders out to clear wheels and he had to do the same to rear quarters lol. Its Dumped, hence his licence plate, it tucks 1/2 of the actual wheel you cant even see the tire

MR Marty where are you!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Marty had to bang his front fenders out to clear wheels and he had to do the same to rear quarters lol. Its Dumped, hence his licence plate, it tucks 1/2 of the actual wheel you cant even see the tire

Same with my car its rolled and pulled 20mm

maybe from a dig, but neither of you will keep up with the Camaro from a dig this summer. That goes for Dover too.

CTS-V>camaro

By the way all of you that have "moved on" leave the site thats what makes this site shitty at times is a bunch of people who dont care about their cars and would rather ask how this shade of blue looks in their bathroom:D

So far its taken the last 5 people in this thread to finally catch up to my car 4 yrs and running.

I would do a compression check but Im too skeerd.

Your lucky If the VW will still be around this summer. I wanna trade it for something else.

I have been out of the game for a while but the stock turbo's on 240 on its 3 only passes trapped 118 only mod was FMIC and and exhaust stock boost. I have no idea what you trap or et so I will not even say anything.