Interesting view on "racism"

Nd4spd_150

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation... White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ' 60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned In come Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances.

Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids.? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting view, though you need to reference your numbers before spouting off things like rape statistics(possibly provide opposing numbers). Also I would imagine your race on race crime stats would be skewed due to the disparity of the number of whites to blacks overall. Whites would also be more likely to commit more crimes against whites, as there are simply more whites. For a crime to exist so must an opportunity. Just curious if you've researched all sides of this. I can see some of your points, and maybe even agree on some, but to be honest you come off sounding a little too eager to point fingers. Your first sentences were poignant enough, stating an issue, and discussing that an avenue of communication needs to run both directions for positive progression. Then, no offense, you seem like you're more on a tirade than offering up suggestions as to how to gap racial divides.

To me there are four kinds of people that keep racism going. Those that hate, those that like to start trouble, those that are lazy, and those that are ignorant to whats really going on.

People that hate will not give you a chance and catagorize you without knowing you as a person.

Trouble makers use race to spark issues for their own amusement. They may come off as racist but they are really just assholes (this explains half of CR).

The lazy people are the ones that use the past as a way to get handouts. They make excuses and try to make you feel sorry for them. They are the ones that cry injustice at the drop of a hat. On the other side of this are the people that feel guilty for what their ancestors did and push for these handouts. W

The ignorant are the ones that just dont know... or think they know but dont have a clue. They are the ones that believe the hype and stereotypes. They are also catagorized as closest racists. This is because they come across as being racist but ultimately they are just ignorant. They are mostly unaware as to how they appear in the eyes of others. These are the ones that clutch their purses, and say "you people", but really dont mean any harm by it... in a lot of cases it really is the way they were raised. These are usually the victims because they do things without thinking and the trouble makers make sure its on the nightly news.

To stop it we do need to start looking at it from both sides. Racism has been looked at from one side for way too long.

on the subject of racism... why can a black person say n**** but a white person can't? I caught my daughter tonight saying it.. I yelled at her and she said, "the black kids in class were calling each other that: and asked why it's a bad thing if they obviously don't have a problem with it and I didn't have a good response... just saying, "I'm black so I'm allowed to use it" is a bad answer... I'm Italian and I've never once called any family member or any other italian person a "W**" or "D****" or anything else racist... to me that's just stupid. Edited by V8 Beast
multiple racial slurrs

Its because of how it was used. Scotty says it to me all the time and I laugh because I know him and know there is nothing behind it. Almost everytime I heard it growing up the person was being hateful. Its just a sensative word that people give power to. Its losing some of its power, but its still an ignorant word that all people should stop using.. IMO.

Even though this is a racial thread using racial slurrs is still an offense on this site. Not just the n word, any racial slurr. We understand what you mean without typing it out so please follow the rules.

Its because of how it was used. Scotty says it to me all the time and I laugh because I know him and know there is nothing behind it. Almost everytime I heard it growing up the person was being hateful. Its just a sensative word that people give power to. Its losing some of its power, but its still an ignorant word that all people should stop using.. IMO.

Even though this is a racial thread using racial slurrs is still an offense on this site. Not just the n word, any racial slurr. We understand what you mean without typing it out so please follow the rules.

how old are you? maybe it's just the neighborhood I grew up in, but I never really whitnessed any white on black hate crimes or anything else. (btw I'm 30 to give you a point of reference to the time I grew up in)

All across this planet, people hate anyone that looks different than them. No other country has the same racial makeup as the USA and so it's hardly an issue anywhere else. Here we have made huge strides, but no matter what happens there will always be someone unhappy for one reason or another. People who originate from different parts of the world have different cultural traits, which tend to conflict. The only way to stamp out racism is to stamp out individuality and culture. Is that worth it? Is that even possible?

All across this planet, people hate anyone that looks different than them. No other country has the same racial makeup as the USA and so it's hardly an issue anywhere else. Here we have made huge strides, but no matter what happens there will always be someone unhappy for one reason or another. People who originate from different parts of the world have different cultural traits, which tend to conflict. The only way to stamp out racism is to stamp out individuality and culture. Is that worth it? Is that even possible?

1984, Brave New World.