Interesting view on "racism"

Nd4spd_150

how old are you? maybe it's just the neighborhood I grew up in, but I never really whitnessed any white on black hate crimes or anything else. (btw I'm 30 to give you a point of reference to the time I grew up in)

30 as well. I've never seen any hate crimes, but I've seen plenty of stupid stuff.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because of how it was used. Scotty says it to me all the time and I laugh because I know him and know there is nothing behind it.

You forgot to add the words, "LOOKIN ASS" in front of it. :D:lol:

Some of you I know have never been in the military, but I know from my experiences, the Army as a whole is one giant pot of shit. Being per say almost like a giant disfunctional family, there were more "slurs" said amongst each other to shake a stick at. If heard from an outsider as to how we talked, it would look like straight up biggotry and racism. We all knew it wasn't a malicious thing, nor was it meant to be taken in a bad way. People too often do get butt hurt about something that isn't PC (Politically Correct) nowadays. I like to think society has done itself a favor, but America being America, it's not going to go away 100%. Brian pretty much covered everything for the most part.

PS- I'm an equal opportunity hater.

This was actually something I was emailed written by Patrick J. Buchanan. As far as the numbers I don't know, but how do you really get accurate number in things like this with a population of 300,000,000 people anyways. I'm 30 and I have seen hate crimes all over the news and locally since I was growing up going both ways. You don't have to be blind to see that racism runs rampent nation wide and no there is not much anyone can do to stop it especially with people raising thier kids in the same ignorance they were raised in. If you call me a crack** or honk** i'll call you a ****** or whatever derogitory name your race is refered to as because I don't think that there should be any difference in who call who what. I also belive that people need to just shut up about all this PC shit and just be correct. White people don't need to think that they are going to get robbed by every black person they see. Black people need to shut the hell up about it's the white man that did ______ to me. Mexican just need to learn fucking english. this lsit could go on for hours. However there is always going to be some moron somewhere that will say something at the wrong point in time and piss some one else off guess what that's life. People need to have thiker skin in this day and age and stop being babies. Here's my example if you call someone's wife: fat, stupid, ugly, a bitch etc and you get punched in the face don't sue because you had to replace a tooth, sorry they don't have "Stupid" insurance. I dare someone to find me a news article from 1940-1970 of someone suing someone else cause they got their ass kicked for dong something stupid. I also belive that Barrack Obama needs to stop thinking that being BLACK is more important than being an AMERICAN.

Trouble makers use race to spark issues for their own amusement. They may come off as racist but they are really just assholes (this explains half of CR).

I think this number is low.

I had a long reply to go with the rest but I decided not to even bother feeding the trolls. This will be debated long into the future but ultimately nothing will change.

This was actually something I was emailed written by Patrick J. Buchanan. As far as the numbers I don't know, but how do you really get accurate number in things like this with a population of 300,000,000 people anyways. I'm 30 and I have seen hate crimes all over the news and locally since I was growing up going both ways. You don't have to be blind to see that racism runs rampent nation wide and no there is not much anyone can do to stop it especially with people raising thier kids in the same ignorance they were raised in. If you call me a crack** or honk** i'll call you a ****** or whatever derogitory name your race is refered to as because I don't think that there should be any difference in who call who what. I also belive that people need to just shut up about all this PC shit and just be correct. White people don't need to think that they are going to get robbed by every black person they see. Black people need to shut the hell up about it's the white man that did ______ to me. Mexican just need to learn fucking english. this lsit could go on for hours. However there is always going to be some moron somewhere that will say something at the wrong point in time and piss some one else off guess what that's life. People need to have thiker skin in this day and age and stop being babies. Here's my example if you call someone's wife: fat, stupid, ugly, a bitch etc and you get punched in the face don't sue because you had to replace a tooth, sorry they don't have "Stupid" insurance. I dare someone to find me a news article from 1940-1970 of someone suing someone else cause they got their ass kicked for dong something stupid. I also belive that Barrack Obama needs to stop thinking that being BLACK is more important than being an AMERICAN.

Accuracy through numbers can be a difficult process, though not impossible. People will tell you, you can make a statistic say anything you want, and with unscientific methodology that's absolutely true, you can. Bias, sample size, application, lots of ways to make something sound one-sided. Which is why I asked, I was wondering not only where you got your information, but how it was acquired, and just as importantly the way it was analyzed.

Also using a derogatory slur against someone simply because they used one in reference to you, makes you no better than them. Knee-jerk reactions to racism fuel the fire, not put them out. I'll retrofit a personal anecdote in example. At the movie theater with my wife I encountered a younger (14-16?) black male, with a group of his friends. This is right around 7pm on Friday so the theater is packed. At one point, I don't even remember to be honest, I kicked on, or stepped on, or otherwise scuffed the young mans shoe, busy line accident of course. Not a second had passed before I heard not just one racial slur, but two, and also questioning whether or not I even understood what he was saying (too much Rush Hour ?). I could have called him any number of racial slurs in retaliation. Though what about the older black couple two people behind us, the black family in line going to see the next Pixar film. Could my actions reinforce their personal racial biases ? By giving into base reactions I could have created more hate. Maybe they didn't see the initial incident, and just heard me.

Lastly the whole "you sound like you're on a rant" part of my first post is pretty much completely verified by some of your more ignorant, or baseless follow-ups such as Barack caring more about being black than American, or about how Mexicans just need to learn english. First off, if someone is Mexican as opposed to Mexican-American, than I'm sure they could give a fuck less about learning english, secondly if they are in fact Mexican immigrants working in America (legally, illegally) and they cut your lawn, or roof your house just as well speaking Spanish, again who fucking cares what they speak. Most of the Mexican-American citizens I know, do in fact learn to communicate within a level of competency. If you're just pissed about immigration, than welcome to the club, you should point your fingers at the more than likely white business owner, hiring them under the table, and providing a booming marketplace for illegal workers. Or shit, the average American consumer for supporting those businesses by always trying to save a buck. As far as Barack caring about his blackness more, please provide some evidence to support your rather scathing accusation. He is after all bi-racial, and that would likely qualify him to more accurately act as human barometer to racial issues than say yourself, or even me, even though I am also bi-racial.

The thing that really bothers me about "racism" is how the gov. distributes financial aid. Yea we discriminated against there ancestors by not letting into schools and colleges. But we have done plenty of things to make up for that, for the last several decades if your African American ( or any other minority) you get a lot more financial aid from the gov. for school then white kids do.

Its almost reverse discrimination now, it you have a AA kid and a white kid with the same grades and parents make about equal income the AA kid is going to get a lot more financail aid then the white kid.

I personally think that the financial aid forms should not ask for race. they should base in on your grades and your family income. But this is just my 2cents

IMO, Black History Month, United Negro College Fund, and other things along these lines just scream out discrimination. I know why they were created, but if they were replaced with the "White" alternative, think of how many people would call it racism...

KillJoy

IMO, Black History Month, United Negro College Fund, and other things along these lines just scream out discrimination. I know why they were created, but if they were replaced with the "White" alternative, think of how many people would call it racism...

KillJoy

I agree, and disagree. Black history month celebrates the leaders of a community that rose up against blind discrimination. If for nothing else we should celebrate it to remember just how bad it can be if ignorance goes unchecked. Keep in mind those times aren't so far away, less than a lifetime ago. Also you admit you understand why those things were created (the enslavery followed by all-encompassing social oppression for a couple generations), then complain that if the color were changed to "white" that it would be called racist. Have whites in America endured the same treatment ? What would the reasoning behind creating such an organization be (The Caucasian Male Golf Club Fund) ? We know why blacks did it, why whites now ? In regards to public funding, I believe along the economical line is the only fair way to allocate funds, if we are going to do it at all.

I found out it costs around $20k-$40k per year per inmate to house and care for our criminals. What's that about? I haven't had time to look for racial stats yet, and I'm sure it would take hours if not days to come up with some unbiased info.

i dont know 100% how accurate these statistic are but i found them in support of the original post

(calculated figures for the NCVUS table 42)

Distribution of single-offender victimizations, based on race of victims, by type of crime and perceived race of offender - Year 2002

Offender victim Estimated number of victimizations (1)

Crimes of violence- (3)

White Black

100 111

Black White

466 205

Black Black

460 388

Completed violence - (3)

White Black

16 017

Black White

162 718

Black Black

157 559

attempted/threatened violence - (3)

White Black

84 187

Black White

303 535

Black Black

302 643

Rape/Sexual Assault - (3)

White Black

8 448

Black White

17 572

Black Black

51 042

Robbery - (3)

White Black

7 125

Black White

61 397

Black Black

60 021

>> Completed/property taken- (3)

White Black

7 111

Black White

49 714

Black Black

43 679

>> With Injury- (3)

White Black

/ (2)

Black White

13 530

Black Black

20 700

>> Without Injury - (3)

White Black

7 101

Black White

36 131

Black Black

22 989

>> Attempted to take property(4) - (3)

White Black

/ (2)

Black White

17 762

Black Black

16 364

>> With Injury - (3)

White Black

/ (2)

Black White

6 036

Black Black

5 230

>> Without injury- (3)

White Black

/ (2)

Black White

5 669

Black Black

11 144

Assault- (3)

White Black

84 903

Black White

387 366

Black Black

349 372

>> Aggravated - (3)

White Black

22 128

Black White

70 082

Black Black

101 259

>> Simple - (3)

White Black

62 478

Black White

316 720

Black Black

247 864

(1) Estimate based on the NCVUS - table 42 - total number of victimizations per race and % perceived offenders by race

(2) The absence of number means the Department of Justice could not find enough victims in its population sample for this type of crime to establish a statistic.

(3) - Means Whites have victimized less Blacks than Blacks have victimized Whites + Means the opposite