how to get puppies to stop yapping all night?

smokin5s

LOL. you have how much experience yourself to discount the rest???

Well, I've been helping raise dogs since I was 4 and cats since I was 10. I guess that equates to 18 years for the dogs, idiot. So, you tell me, is 18 years of experience good enough for you?

Well, I've been helping raise dogs since I was 4 and cats since I was 10. I guess that equates to 18 years for the dogs, idiot. So, you tell me, is 18 years of experience good enough for you?

lol never mind

if others fell like fighting with you over you telling us that our advice is worth nothing...then they can.

Edited by timmy43016
your not worth an e-boxing match

First two weeks I layed on the floor with my hand in the cage or just right outside for about 20 min for her to fall asleep. She was golden for the rest of the night.

Boxer

I pretty much did the same thing. Worked during those first couple nights until she got use to things. Australian Cattle Dog

I have 3 dogs, and here is my advice. First and foremost, a lot of K9 professionals will tell you that a puppy should be with it’s mother until 8 weeks of age. Separating them from their mother before than can have undesirable psychological impacts on them. Not saying they can’t still be good dogs, just kind of like kicking a kid out of the house at 14…he can learn do be a functional member of society, but he is always going to have some underlying “mommy didn’t love me” issues to some extent. However, since you have the dogs now, that point is moot for this situation.

For my dogs, I kept their crates in my room so that the are still members of “my pack.” I would say they cried for a few days, tapering off near the end of the first week, and after about a week or so everything was fine. DO NOT take them out when they cry. This is just going to reinforce that they don’t have to be in their crate. You can also make their crates somewhere they WANT to be by making it a positive thing. Feed them in their crates. My Rottweiler loves going to his crate because we always made it a positive place.

How you interact with your dog for the first 16 weeks of their life is important in determining their view of the world for the rest of their lives. For the first 16 weeks, you put in ¼ of the work and get four times the results. After the 16 weeks, you put in 4 times the work and ¼ of the results. I am learning this the hard way. Not that adult dogs can’t learn, they certainly can. Within the next few weeks I am going to have my pit mix getting me beers out of the refrigerator, but the obedience aspect would have been a lot easier to cover if I had taken it more seriously when he was a puppy than it is now.

FYI, if you want on point obedient dogs, I would recommend checking out National K9 off Morrison Rd. They know what they are doing.

http://www.nk9.com

they also wont go in their "personal area" either... that's why crate training is so effective.

Its effective AFTER about 12 weeks.. at 7 weeks puppies havent really figured out what "thier space" is.

A big warm stuffed animal will do the trick. HEating blanket + puppy pee= electrocution, this doesnt sound brilliant to me.. Throw a towel in the dryer for a bit before bedtime and then give to them, OR get a traditional medical water bottle that can be heated.