thinking of selling my '87 fox

kirks5oh

and i need to know a ballpark figure on what you guys think its worth

here are the specs on the car, i bought it bone stock in 1998 with 75k miles

current motor has 15k miles on it, and was installed in 2000--i barely drive this car

--stock shortblock, mildly ported gt40-p heads, gt40 tubular intake, 70mm t-body, 24lb injectors, mass air conversion, e303 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, longtubes, hpipe, flowmasters, 150lph pump. smog/ac eliminated

---tremec transmission with 15k miles, hurst shifter, cobra clutch, 3.73's, aluminum driveshaft, cobra-r wheels, subframes, bbk lowering springs

the body is in pretty good shape--body has around 115k miles on it, just a few areas where there is very mild surface rust that has been sanded and touched up. interior is cloth gray, and is in great shape, aside from needing a new headliner. t-tops do not leak.

the car could use a tune, or a new mass air sensor--the pro-m unit that's on there now has known issues. it runs perfect once heated up, but has to heat up, or it runs like crap until its warm. idles just fine, etc etc.

just wondering what people think the car is worth. it kills me to sell this thing--i don't need the money, but the car just sits--i don't have time to do what i'd really like to do with this car (turbo, full suspension, etc)--and i'm just more interested in my other cars

and adding another car to the stable this summer hopefully

here are some pics

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5821/s3500002ip1.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9903/s3500001bz7.jpg

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/916/s3500003rh4.jpg

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7881/s3500004yj2.jpg[/

My brother sold his for around 6 with a lot more miles and stuff -- so I would say $8,000 depending on the interior.

yup... i think i actually got a few hundred more...thought it was like 6700? :cool: Also dont think it had much more than 150K?.. hard to remember

but mine had no rust, cept a slight flake under the hatch.. not visible, and ran like a champ... less mods tho

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/PICT0912.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/PICT0805.jpg

yeah im a pic whore, but with the right buyer that could definately fetch 8.. T-tops are rare and desireable

That car is complete junk, and I doubt you could sell it. Who wants T-Tops in a Mustang? Is that it's way of attempting to be a mighty F-Body???

That being said, I will give you $1000 for it. That way, you do not have to suffer the embarassment of listing it for sale.

;)

KillJoy

i'm going back and forth on selling. i spent countless hours working on this car in college/grad school--so its hard to come to terms with selling it. it was the first car i bought. but i honestly have driven the car less than 500 miles/year the last 5 years.

the cobra and GTO are faster, more comfortable, and not as loud (damn, i'm getting old). i'm more likely to drive them when i can get away from the family for a drive. if i put it up for sale, it will likely be in the spring sometime. the car is not perfect by any means, but is clean, with a great interior, and a solid motor. i haven't changed a single thing on this car (aside from the fluids), since i did the bulk of the mods in 2000. thanks for the input guys--even this guy^^

Nice car.......Love the T-tops. Personally I'd keep it, but I'd say between 6 and 7K. Bone stock 5.0's in the 100k mile range are going for around 6 to 8k, more if the mileage is lower. People will pay more for a stone stock orginal 5.0 that may need a few cosmetic items than a modded car.

I just bought a 92 LX 5spd Black on Black with 119K miles with a DSS 331 Stroker for $3200. and it's a pretty clean car. Just needs the ac put back on and a few little things.

But I'd say it's worth every bit of 6-7K The t-tops will help.

My .02....Keep it.

Just my personal views but I get attached to cars and hate to see them go. I regret selling just about every car I've ever sold. 996 was the first car i've sold in 7 years and if it wasn't for the situation we were placed in this past year I would have never considered selling it either.

Plus you have pleanty of storage space now. I say it's got more sentimental value than the number you'll get out of it and you'll regret the sale down the road. Memories are priceless and if it doesn't need to go I say tuck it away in the corner of the garage and take it out just enough to put a smile on your face thinking of the good 'ol days.

Andy

My .02....Keep it.

Just my personal views but I get attached to cars and hate to see them go. I regret selling just about every car I've ever sold. 996 was the first car i've sold in 7 years and if it wasn't for the situation we were placed in this past year I would have never considered selling it either.

Plus you have pleanty of storage space now. I say it's got more sentimental value than the number you'll get out of it and you'll regret the sale down the road. Memories are priceless and if it doesn't need to go I say tuck it away in the corner of the garage and take it out just enough to put a smile on your face thinking of the good 'ol days.

Andy

this is why i'm thinking of keeping it. right now, the car is not fun at all for me to drive--its just not what i want right now. i don't have the time right now to do what i want with it. my cobra/gto do everything better. but if i sell it, i know i will kick myself eventually. we'll see how i feel this spring. i might just look into tuning the car so it doesn't have the cold-start issue. i do have tons of memories working on this car when i was in school.

I swear to god my next car will have an all black interior. That looks badass.

you say that now, but i will tell you, a black interior SUCKS. really, black ANYTHING sucks. its too hard to keep clean and looking good. yes, it looks great once you clean it, but the next day, good luck.

ive had 2 black cars, i refuse to get another. g/fs car has black/gray seats and black carpet...that carpet has not looked clean since the day she bought it. ive been in there with a shopvac with every type of attachment you can get, and the carpet still looks like theres flecks of white dirt everywhere. i also made the mistake of getting a black top stove when i bought my appliances for my house, again, mistake.

all the e46's ive been looking at i love the black ones, but i have to keep telling myself no and reminding myself of all the black shit i wish i never bought.

I still have my first car and dont ever plan to sell. I just keep building it, Ive been through 6 daily drivers and could care less for almost all of them.

Id say keep it, look at it as an investment. Me and my dad have built, torn down, and rebuilt my truck 3 times, currently on the 4th. I cant buy those memories, and you wont be able to rebuy the ones you have with your fox.