Since this is the kitchen, we need some battling goin on

Sam1647545489

Standup Boxing? kickboxing? MMA style?

and what about gloves? Bareknuckle, 4oz or 16oz?

its been a while since i've sparred, this would be a great reason to get back into it.

I was thinking stand up boxing with 12-16oz gloves.

I was thinking stand up boxing with 12-16oz gloves.

I know a guy with a ring down on 3rd st. he's in the old elementary school that got turned into art studios.

i've been tryin to find the money to join, he's a BJJ black belt and I want to get actual formal training.

Apparently he's gonna host some amateur fights soon, some of his fighters vs. another ring's. Maybe I'll see if he'd do a CR discount if a bunch of us sign up to do some lessons/memberships.

I know a guy with a ring down on 3rd st. he's in the old elementary school that got turned into art studios.

i've been tryin to find the money to join, he's a BJJ black belt and I want to get actual formal training.

Apparently he's gonna host some amateur fights soon, some of his fighters vs. another ring's. Maybe I'll see if he'd do a CR discount if a bunch of us sign up to do some lessons/memberships.

I could get us ring at my gym, in fact I've already spoken to my trainer about it and anyone who wants formal training can get it there too. You won't believe how many people talk about wanting to do it, but never come through.

And before anyone says "Boxing is dead, MMA fighters are much better athletes!" do me a favor and get in the ring and box for 5 rounds. I guarantee that you'll walk away with different point of view.

I could get us ring at my gym, in fact I've already spoken to my trainer about it and anyone who wants formal training can get it there too. You won't believe how many people talk about wanting to do it, but never come through.

And before anyone says "Boxing is dead, MMA fighters are much better athletes!" do me a favor and get in the ring and box for 5 rounds. I guarantee that you'll walk away with different point of view.

Boxing and MMA each have their own set of challenges. The hardest part of MMA is the grappling. When it looks like there's no action going in is actually when the fighters are working the hardest.

I don't know about boxing but I imagine keeping your hands high and ready for a lightning-quick punch is pretty draining. Also, as you said the 5+ rounds really kills as opposed to MMA's average of 3.

edit: how much is a membership for your gym/ring? I've got a membership at the Concourse but they don't have any boxing equipment which is disappointing. The guy I know of is at bigtenboxing.com