Sirius Investment

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

Also. Expect to take some lumps! I took my hits along my journey and Im a new guy playing with these wall street sharks. I got slapped by finra when I tried to short gm when it was a dead bankrupt stock but had volume working the price up. They halted it the day after I bought , I was going to make 300 that day and they halted it.

I am stuck long on a couple I wanted to play short , stuck 6 k long lol.

But take it seriously theres money to be made. Hell I might be flying to vegas on tuesday to go to a shareholder meeting at the monte carlo for biocentric energy so I can get the scoop and decide if I want to invest more.

If you have a couple hundred only go with ing and go long term let it ride for a year and add to it when u can. It takes 75 bucks to transfer securities to another broker so keep that in mind when your needing to get to a better broker and keep closer tabs on your investments.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F is starting to dip I'd be careful how much longer you hold SIRI.

I just cant figure SIRI out, decent revs, tons of debt and not a whole lot of cash/flow. Add to the amount of shares and the day to day volume its one of those plays if I was ever to make I would have a set buy/sell limits and ride the wave. I can see alot of people waiting for it to get higher then get squashed. Good momentum but my chart shows overbought indicator.

I hate you both :D

I need someone to teach me this crap so I can make some money too.

+1

I feel like a retard when reading this sort of thing... then I feel even dumber for not making an effort to teach myself more about it.

Apparently I secretly enjoy debt. :(

Ya Im glad I didnt read that thread or I would seriously be smacking myself for missing this chance. Free dinner to someone that sits down with me for an hour and teaches me a little!

I'm your huckleberry...

Will, did you open that Roth IRA like I told you??? Now is the time, brotatoe!!!

Guest 614Streets
F is starting to dip I'd be careful how much longer you hold SIRI.

I just cant figure SIRI out, decent revs, tons of debt and not a whole lot of cash/flow. Add to the amount of shares and the day to day volume its one of those plays if I was ever to make I would have a set buy/sell limits and ride the wave. I can see alot of people waiting for it to get higher then get squashed. Good momentum but my chart shows overbought indicator.

Good point with 70% penetration rate in Ford vechicles and a 50% retention rate , siri does sister up with F.

Earnings call is next week and auto data is up. It may be over bought but it still is carrying momentum since it went over a dollor and has to stay over a dollor for 8 more days after today.

No doubt its a squeeze , but the numbers are holding up, and now with the stock over a dollor some institutional buying is happening.

The volume was 60 million in the first half hour this morning. It started to dip after cnbc slammed it around a bit.

100 million free cash flow isnt exactly horrible though.

SIRI's debt to equity ratio indicates that it has been more aggressive with using debt to finance growth. Yet the return on equity is -6,763.44%. That shows SIRI is not able to reinvest its earnings efficiently.

Guest 614Streets

The debt though was refinanced and is not a hurdle at all this year. They have been managing debt well and do not have major hurdles until 2013. I dont see pandora as a threat for a long time , 7- 8 years at the least.

Not only that but Liberty media and its 40% stake in Siri is showing off some synergies that bode well for a nice big monopoly in the future! Liberty bought all the debt from now defunct Worldspace , which was global satellight radio.

Liberty also showed a peak of future synergies with ticketmaster and direct correlations tied with its stake in SIRI. The penetration rates for autos is now with nearly every auto manufacturer and now even with used car sales. Global sirius monopoly?

"Audience members at the conference were left speechless when Maffei announced that Liberty sees little value in the NOL’s, stating that he expects Sirius XM will use and consume the bulk of those NOL’s on their own, based on earnings he expects Sirius XM will soon realize." - Liberty Media (NASDAQ: LMDIA) President and CEO Greg Maffei

nol= net operating losses.

I wouldn't touch Ford, much less any of the auto industry. Demand is severely diminished after the administrations "Cash for Clunkers Plan". The plan didn't stimulate anything, rather fronted about 6 months to 2 years demand for autos.

I would get out of F before next quarters earnings are released.

Ya Im glad I didnt read that thread or I would seriously be smacking myself for missing this chance. Free dinner to someone that sits down with me for an hour and teaches me a little!

I'm your huckleberry...

Will, did you open that Roth IRA like I told you??? Now is the time, brotatoe!!!

In for group session?

Guest 614Streets
Good man. Depending on who you use, you can still trade stocks in an IRA, just be sure to remember this is long-term cash and the risks you take are different than with your day-to-day brokerage account.

Yeah I am calling you in a couple weeks for a touch up. :)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1416940152&play=1

Some CNBC coverage of Sirius today. Liberty and sirius confrence calls both on the 25th. Remember I mentioned Liberty had bought worldspace debt. Could there be a big announcement?

• 2 months later...
Guest 614Streets

Update**** Congrats to anyone who may have choosen to invest in this common stock . today we broke ten consecutive days over $1.00 and regained full NASDAQ compliance!

http://satwaves.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/champagne_toast_hyatt-300x294.jpg

I can now pay off my house and my school bills all by sitting on a computer and investing in a company I liked and belived in.

How cool.

sometimes i want to kick myself for not getting into it early last year. my thoughts at the time were buying house > buying stocks. had i put 5k in feb 09 (we'll go with 2/6/09 since i can get quick info from that week) into the 3 stocks im holding now (lets say 25% into FITB, 25% into ARMH, and 50% into BAC), i could have turned $5,000 into over $17,500

but if i did that, i'd still be living in an apartment i hated and have a 30 minute drive each way to work. now i live in a house i like and have an 11 minute drive/19 minute bike ride to work.

oh well. i jumped in in oct 09, probably before i should have, bought some stocks, almost right after that, some of them took a shit, i held onto them for a while, got pissed, sold them at a loss, and put them into other stocks. luckily the ones im still holding are doing ok, up $4/share on FITB, $3.50 on ARMH, and BAC is just about even where i bought it. i think im down about $150 or so on my original investment of $1000. argh.

Guest 614Streets
I need to get into this for certain. I kick myself every day that I never took the time when I was 19 to do it.

Where to start?

2000 bucks and td ameritrade. Look into companies u like. I loved siri and frs , Frisches resturants. FRS is bad ass stock I havent got into yet , it doesnt pay much but dam the food and breakfast bar is awesome I take my mom to frs 1-2 times a month for a treat. It pays better dividends every year , better than any bank savings account......

TDA bro , 2000 bucks...