Honda Accord People

mrs.cos

I have a friend with a Honda Accord(2000) and her battery was replaced, and she doesnt have the Code for her stereo. She bought the car used and cannot find the sticker that has the reset code.

She tried calling the dealership and they told her they need the model number, but its on the BACK of the stereo.

Well after a bit of research we tried the holding 1 & 6+ Powerbutton and it didnt giver her the model number and then error-ed out. Im not sure what else i can tell her to try. She lives in youngstown, so theres not much chance of me ripping her stereo out, let alone her taking it to a shop to have them do it.

Any input on other ways to get this damn code?

Holding down 1 and 6 will give you the serial number not the model number. It will give you the first 4 digits and then the second set of four. The code should have come on a credit card style thing typically found in the glove box but if thats missing due to be a used car she may be screwed. Did she wait for the error message to reset(remove battery terminal for 30 seconds for faster reset) and try the 1 and 6 again.

This should be how its done

• Turn the vehicle's key to the "on" position.
  • Press the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
  • Turn on the radio.
  • A 10 digit serial number will appear on the radio display, (if stereo was locked up at the time).
  • There will be 10 characters in the radio serial #.
  • A U followed by 4 numbers and an L. followed by 4 numbers.
  • Example, your display will indicate, U5123 L1235.

if she does that shes a complete idiot.

:rolleyes:

She's not mechanicly inclined and doesnt have alot of money to pay someone to do it for her.. So, she listens to one ear bud while driving.. Im not going to fault her for that, unless you can come up with a better way to handle it...

When she is able to come to town, i will pull it out for her and fix it.. but untill then.. she'll make do with what she has.

so lets not hear a police car or fire truck coming into an intersection because i don't want to pay a dealer $30 to get the code of my radio. I'd rather risk my life and others :rolleyes:

Yeah thats smart! Your post leads me to believe you would do the same thing :slap:

some dealers put the extra radio code sticker, and serial number sticker behind the ashtray, on the sides of the glove box, under the center console lid, fuse box covers, trunk lid, rear shelf, under the hood near emissions label, so tell her to check all those areas

so lets not hear a police car or fire truck coming into an intersection because i don't want to pay a dealer $30 to get the code of my radio. I'd rather risk my life and others :rolleyes:

Yeah thats smart! Your post leads me to believe you would do the same thing :slap:

Well thats why she only wears ONE ear phone.. so she can hear that stuff.... :gtfo:

And no, i know how to do stuff like this, so this wouldnt be necessary for me to have to do, oh and THANKS for all your useful help. It accomplished alot in here.

some dealers put the extra radio code sticker, and serial number sticker behind the ashtray, on the sides of the glove box, under the center console lid, fuse box covers, trunk lid, rear shelf, under the hood near emissions label, so tell her to check all those areas

I will tell her to check all these places.

wow.. this seems really dumb .. I mean, how is that anti theft? You can call them with the vin and serial number and get the code.. any theif could do that..

I guess she will just continue to listen to her ipod then on earphones..

It is totally illegal whether she is using one earphone or both. Just an FYI.

Can she get it to heath? I'll do it for free at John Hinderer.

She's in Youngstown, if shes gonna drive that far, she may as well come to me, and ill do it (and will) when she visits

It is totally illegal whether she is using one earphone or both. Just an FYI.

I know this.. I have also made her aware, but at least she is trying to aware and only using one bud.. No worse than someone with a phone to thier ear, which im sure you have never done.

She doesnt have the money to buy or have a stereo installed.

She doesnt have the money to buy or have a stereo installed.

Come on man... :)

They're asking $30, so they would take $15 for just the radio, and installation is free for anyone (like you) who can turn a screwdriver 2 different ways.

A ticket for listening to headphones while driving is many times more than that.

In any case, good luck with your/her issue. And, what in the Hell does your name mean? :)

In any case, good luck with your/her issue. And, what in the Hell does your name mean? :)

When i worked at GM, all the old men who i made come fix my machines when i couldnt would come up, and see it was me who called for a repair, and say "those Damn Reds, always causing problems"

Im a redhead, and i always made them properly fix my machines so i would have little downtime in the long run, as opposed to quick fixes that they would have to come fix again the next day..

We charge 45.

Thank You.