injector cleaner in the power steering fluid...

turbospec29

A guy I work with did this to his old ladies car last night. He mistakingly put the injector cleaner in the power steering fluid after he went to the store and bought both... Anyway, he realized what he had done right away (he did not start the car) and drained the cleaner out of the power steering reservoir, I'm not sure if he got it all out.

So say he got 95% of it out and then filled it with powersteering fluid, should he be worried? What might/could happen? He asked me and I honestly have no idea other than it can't be good... Anyone know?

Sounds to me like you did this? lol

lol, no. I was just trying to get an answer for the guy. I knew it wasn't a good thing, but when he asked me what it could hurt I didn't know what to tell him.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll pass the buck.

i know its been said but get it compleatly drained and put some fluid back in it and drain that and then fill it up ( the 2nd time of fluid to make the injector cleaner rise... see if it rises or sinks when put into power stearing fluid.) if it rises than fill it up and suck off the top layer of film. if it sinks have it drained... it will eat the seals and will eat away at all the rubber.