Help Me Win A Wedding

konig_twinkies

Hello everyone,

As some of you might or might not know I have recently got engaged. We have started the exciting stages of planning our wedding and decided to enter into contests to help cut the cost of the wedding. We found a contest that will cover every aspect of the wedding. My mom has been laid off and her mom could be laid off within the next two weeks so this would really help us out a lot. All we have to do is be in the top 5 overall from voting. The top 5 will then be entered into a drawing where one lucky couple will win a wedding. Voting ends Feb 12, 2010 and you get one vote per email, if you have more than one email address you can enter more which is strongly encouraged :) If you have facebook, please post the link to vote in your status and encourage all your friends to vote, also forward this to everyone that you can so we are certain to make the top 5. Below are the steps to cast your vote, if you have any questions feel free to ask. It only takes a min to do and no registration is required

Thanks

How to vote for us,

1. go to this link

2. click on vote button

3. Fill out your first name, last name, email, zip code, and then click the vote button below

4. Check the email address that you provided for a confirmation link, the subject line will read: Confirm your vote for Jason and Christy's Dream Wedding at MacCallum House‏. Check your junk or spam folder.

5. Click the link to cast your vote

Remember check your email and click the conformation link or it wont count the vote

Edited by konig_twinkies

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well for those of us who are not independently wealthy like you joe, the whole family chips in as part of a wedding gift to help pay for things. my wedding would have been a quick ceremony in front of a judge somewhere without some helping hands.

on topic

I voted for you good luck

well for those of us who are not independently wealthy like you joe, the whole family chips in as part of a wedding gift to help pay for things. my wedding would have been a quick ceremony in front of a judge somewhere without some helping hands.

on topic

I voted for you good luck

It's not being independently wealthy, it's called budgeting for what you can afford, and knowing where to cut costs.

Guests thought our wedding was a lot more expensive than it was, due to being creative and spending money wisely (not that it was cheap, but people spending 40k+ on weddings is just insanity).

Dont believe the hype. You can have a great memorable wedding for very little money.

I think ours was 5-10k and was absolutely beautiful and a memory we will have for the rest of our lives.

BTW, was paid for by us.... our parents are broke :)

like Joe said, just budget for it, and if it takes a year or two to save up for it then it's worth it... I don't get why people feel the need to get engaged right away and then get married shortly after that..

I think ours was 5-10k and was absolutely beautiful and a memory we will have for the rest of our lives.

BTW, was paid for by us.... our parents are broke :)

like Joe said, just budget for it, and if it takes a year or two to save up for it then it's worth it... I don't get why people feel the need to get engaged right away and then get married shortly after that..

I think thats a huge wedding budget.

Apparently I am the odd one out here, I paid about $18k for my wedding. If I had the choice to do it again, I would.

I'll vote for you when I get home.

I cant imagine what an $18k wedding would even be like.

I can... I was there. :D

And.. I believe our Wedding was ~ $13k. That was Dress, Cake, Tux, Food, Band, Location...blah blah blah....

:thumbup:

Good Luck!

KillJoy

I have pictures if you really want to see. :p

:eek: WTF

Between nice real flowers, catering, decorations, the church, the reception site, the DJ, photography, transportation, etc... and not being willing to compromise on quality, it's easy to spend that much. I'm not willing to use someone just because a friend knows them or they are a family member. We could have spent a lot more, but I think we made the right choices. I would be embarrassed to be a part of some of the weddings I see.

IIRC, ours was in the $15-20k range inculding everything, and that's pretty much the norm if you have it at a nice location, nice flowers, reception at a nice place with catered food, DJ, Photographer, etc, etc. Sure you could do it for real cheap if you get married a the courthouse (or on a beach since it's public and there's no fee to use it), grill hamburgers in your backyard, and buy a sheet cake from Sam's Club for the recption, but that's not most people's vision.

Almost all catering/reception halls are going to have a food/drink minimum for the room you're going to rent and that alone is going to put most people in the 5-10k range (depending on # of guests).

EDIT: According to The Knot, the average cost of a wedding is now at $27,800. Admittedly, that does include numbers from people that spend $40k+, which raised the average a little.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/qa/what-does-the-average-wedding-cost.aspx

Edited by Mallard