LeBron James....

Sturg1647545502

The Cavs are one of the few things that make me proud to say I'm from Cleveland. We haven't known what it's like to root for a good sports team since the mid 90's Indians.

Mid-80's weren't bad either. Cavs just couldn't come up with an answer for that damned kid out of UNC-Chapel Hill, and there were back-to-back trips to the conference championship for the Browns (only go get stuffed by some long-haired brat and a butter-fingered running back).

Mid-80's weren't bad either. Cavs just couldn't come up with an answer for that damned kid out of UNC-Chapel Hill, and there were back-to-back trips to the conference championship for the Browns (only go get stuffed by some long-haired brat and a butter-fingered running back).

True, but I had a lot of trouble rooting for them back then (I was born in 1988). :cool:

I agree OP. I've been to three Cavs games this year and the way he dominates opposing teams is unreal. I was happy to see him face off against the Lakers in person. That was a great game.

I was lucky enough to see him play in high school too, my cousin went to St. Vincent St. Mary while he was there. When they played the high school I was from I think more people cheered for LeBron than for our own team.

I was lucky enough to see him play in high school too' date=' my cousin went to St. Vincent St. Mary while he was there. When they played the high school I was from I think more people cheered for LeBron than for our own team.[/quote']

Nice. I remember hearing his high school games were always packed. I would have loved to go one of his high school games.

I met him while he(and i) where in High School. He proceeded introduced himself as king james. Thus i though he was a jerk off until the past couple seasons.

He is an exciting player to watch, but ive got to wonder where hell go when his contract is up....dont think he'll continue to be in cleveland

I can't see him leaving Cleveland. He loves the Cleveland/Akron area too much to leave it.

True, but it's tough to envision him staying in Cleveland for his entire NBA career. Maybe he'll leave and come back, who knows. But at some point he's going to realize that unless the Cavs become the new NBA powerhouse (which I would LOVE to see), he'll need to branch out to different teams to make the most out of his career.

I won't be mad if he decides to leave. The progress he's made for and with the Cavs is already good enough, and anything he continues to do with them is just a bonus.

True, but it's tough to envision him staying in Cleveland for his entire NBA career. Maybe he'll leave and come back, who knows. But at some point he's going to realize that unless the Cavs become the new NBA powerhouse (which I would LOVE to see), he'll need to branch out to different teams to make the most out of his career.

I won't be mad if he decides to leave. The progress he's made for and with the Cavs is already good enough, and anything he continues to do with them is just a bonus.

If they win the championship this season he will stay. I think they have a damn good chance.

He's not going anywhere for the next few years unless it's to a championship team which I doubt will happen at this point. Anywhere else he would go he would be starting over and might as well have stayed with his team that already has a good shot over the next couple years.

Plus he's from the area. Why leave when your the King?

no team that's in a position to immediately win a championship can afford james. the cavs have been very close the last couple years. if he goes to another team, it will most likely be a step backwards, and require several years to build up a championship caliber team

no team that's in a position to immediately win a championship can afford james. the cavs have been very close the last couple years. if he goes to another team, it will most likely be a step backwards, and require several years to build up a championship caliber team

Lakers

The Cavs are one of the few things that make me proud to say I'm from Cleveland. We haven't known what it's like to root for a good sports team since the mid 90's Indians.

Your post made me think of the Cleveland Tourism videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

No ill-will intended. :) These might be reposts - regardless, they're pretty funny.

Your post made me think of the Cleveland Tourism videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

No ill-will intended. :) These might be reposts - regardless, they're pretty funny.

Haha I've seen those, and I would agree with most of it. West 6th really is filled with douchebags, and the two buildings aren't even that fucking great. But this is why everyone is so psyched about the Cavs doing work, it's a new thing for a lot of younger people in Cleveland and I think it's one of the few things helping to improve the city's image right now.

Lord knows the cross dressing mayor didn't help things :(.

You are incorrect sir. Dwyane Wade's contract is up this year as well, and one team has the loot (and the space) to sign them both. The New York Knickerbockers. I don't want him to leave either, but D.Wade and LBJ get on like peas and carrots, and having them both on the floor INSTANTLY makes the Knicks a contender (not to mention that they DO have a decent point guard in place already). Plus, it's freaking New York, where Beyonce and Spike chill courtside, and the fans love LBJ so much that Cavs away games there are basically home games.

I can't see him staying. I want him too, but damn.