tb break in insurance repair shops

nuttinfas

so the family and in-laws wen to smokey bones in grove city for dinner. My wife drove her trailblazer and i met her there in my truck. On the way home my sister in laws notices her purse is gone. She thought she left it at the resturant, call no purse. Thought she left it at home and no. My sister-in-law and father in law go back to smokey bones thinking it got kicked on the ground but it wasnt there. They call us and have us check it over and the driver side lock, (the only side that has a lock on it) is gone and under the handle is pushed n with what looks like a screw driver. Only thing missing was sister-in-laws purse. kinda shitty.

Does anyone know if its easy to break in after its been knocked out? as long as its kept lock its kinda hard to get in, right? and about how much is this gonna cost to fix? Not sure if its worth goin through insurance or not. we have a 500$ deductable.

Edited by nuttinfas

That sucks. You should google it yourself to get an idea of prices then call a few shops in the morning. Thats just to make sure they are quoting you an accurate price.

And to answer your question I have seen a lot done with a flathead screwdriver. Its like a ghetto skeleton key.

well wife went and got estimates and its gonna be around 1200$. What do you guys think the best body shop is? and does three c do the deductable in with there price thing still? id like to get it fixed next week so any input is good.

I know a couple guys that actually work in claims departments, and there's a reason insurance companies hate 3C, and it ain't because they do good work. It's because they CHARGE for good work, but give you the cheapest thing they can get away with.

I've always wondered about them. They tout themselves as always doing the "correct" repairs and doing them well, but I never hear any car or paint guys talk about taking stuff there. So are all the 3C shops crap?

To the OP, I ALWAYS hear good things about True2Form in Dublin.

I know a couple guys that actually work in claims departments, and there's a reason insurance companies hate 3C, and it ain't because they do good work. It's because they CHARGE for good work, but give you the cheapest thing they can get away with.

true, and it will take them about 3 times as long to do the work.