Cooper Stadium/Jeff Gordon/Race track proposal

2 Sweet

This would be great if it happened, but this is not the first time they have brought this up to have it shot down. You know that area is soooo family friendly, whatever would they do with the sound of exhaust drowning out the gun shots. lol

Jeff gordon is kinda a wiener, my grampa and uncle used to race 4:10 sprint cars down at KC raceway. ;But it would really help the area. I live not even 10 minutes from there and I'm sure it won't be no more loud than cms. Someone really needs to realize columbus really needs a drag strip, or even a drift track. Give us a place we can race safely and legaly.

I just spoke to Joe Sugar at Arshot Investments, and there is a ton of misinformation regarding this plan. If you are a car guy (even if there isn't a dragstrip) you HAVE to be a supporter of what this will bring to the city.

He is going to email me some more information, as well as dates in the next 30 days where there will be an informative public meeting on what they are looking to do. I will share with the rest of CR in hopes that some of you will join me in support of this project.

I doubt they could take anything away from TRC. There's just no way they could offer anything that TRC doesn't already have.

Certainly it can't compare to TRC - I think they were referring to "special" test drives for dealers and/or some testing for the research center that is proposed to be on the property.

• 2 weeks later...
i dont think the whole snowboard, fair, and bmx thing would work that well. since it is a whole different aspect of the project. if it does work than thats pretty cool, but it would be a great home for Nopi, HIN, IFO, Formula Drift and even the goodguys. ect....

WTF???? Cool idea, but why spend millions to go vertical when we have acres and acres around Central OH that would be a heck of a lot cheaper to farm? :lol:

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2010/02/15/story3.html?b=1266210000^2876941#

Location, Location, Location! On I70 - Minutes from downtown - This really is the perfect location for this to be built. From what I've heard, there will NOT be a drag strip at the facility. The infomation I have shows it to be a top notch facility and could be just what that area needs to 'kick start' the area economy!

Well it looks like they would be taking up all the area that Sunbelt has, the abandoned Graham Ford lot and across the road where there are still a few businesses here and there. They can't expand too much though because of the cemetery and NO WAY is any of that land going to be available due to the fact Greenlawn is a national park. I'm all for it, I think it needs to be done to revitalize that part of town.