for all the hipoint haters here...

Mace1647545504

On the first page of that article they are discussing historical guns designed to be blowback operated like the Hi Point is, and they mentioned that most modern guns are locked breach. Then they said that out of all of the blowback guns mentioned, only one of the models was at all reliable. So Hi Point comes along and decides they should use a proven unreliable design just so that they can be cheap. Sounds like a perfect combination.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field-stripping for normal maintenance is fairly straightforward. First remove the magazine and retract the slide to verify the chamber is empty. Then move the slide to its rearmost position, push the manual safety up in the small, forward notch and lock the slide to the rear. The slide retainer pin at the rear of the frame is now exposed through the large (rear) safety notch in the slide. Using a 1/8-inch pin punch, remove the retainer pin from the frame. Pull the safety down and ease the slide forward. Retract the slide about 3/8 inch and pull upward. Hold the rear of the slide and push forward, removing it from the frame. Reassemble in reverse order.

So...."field" stripping requires a punch????

ok so we have one picture of failure from a bad casting and a bunch of guys that said they heard from a guy that hi points were junk....

I've got almost 10k rounds through mine no jams no problems, I think I'll hold on to it and if it breaks I'll just have it covered under the lifetime warranty :)

i put 32 round through my buddies 9mm high point, it jammed 3 times in those 32 rounds.

i have put about 2500 rounds through our old glock 22 with no issues at all

and i have 1500 through my glock 27 with no issues at all

ill buy a glock thank you.

i put 32 round through my buddies 9mm high point, it jammed 3 times in those 32 rounds.

i have put about 2500 rounds through our old glock 22 with no issues at all

and i have 1500 through my glock 27 with no issues at all

ill buy a glock thank you.

I have to agree with Ryan on this, especially since it was my hi point he was using. :D

My personal preference is Glock. It is my carry gun, my bed side gun, my target gun etc etc.

I will say however - I have enough rounds through my multiple hi points I would continue to get them hem for what I use them and buy them for - last resort home protection.

These guns are cheap enough I can buy one for every room in my house, and I'm nearly there - even the shitters. Think about it - would you rather have a gun that honestly will more than likely fire or not have anything near you at all? Don't get me wrong, I would never carry my hi point and if someone breaks in I am going for my glock if I can. But, if I can't get to it, at least I have some options.

At least until I can replace them all with something more reliable.

who was your instructor?

I THINK his name was Jason Williams, shorter white guy. Not sure where he use to be a cop but he did have alot of stories about being in the hood and generally bad areas. I think he went back into the Army since then though. Co-owned a small security company too.

Does it occur to you that maybe a single persons experience with a free gun might not be the most unbiased review? And maybe all these people who work in law enforcement and in the firearms business who deal with hi-point users on a weekly or daily basis might be onto something?

Nah, probably not, because YOUR experience has been great, that means that your investment was sound and you'll never have a problem.

like i said in my post, seems like some and note im not saying all but some ppl might be going off what they read? and not actual first hand experience?

every one may have a diff opinion on guns just like cars and will always find flaws in whats others own....... bottom line is why fight about it? why not just say hey this guy is a fellow gun ower like myself am and be happy that its one more guy out there for the right to own and bare arms?

just my 2 cents i guess

Just throwing in my experience with a hi point 9 compact. Their compact is like a full size for any other gun. I can't imagine shooting their full size, it'd probably be like holding a desert eagle.

This was the very first handgun my buddy ever purchased. The first time we took it to the range, it had FTFs constantly. After a little while we gave up and went home. When we got back to his house, we broke out the sandpaper. Sat there and sanded down the feed ramp, then polished it up a little. Second trip to range was much better. FTFs went away. This was years ago and he's since given the thing to his sister. But it's still runs fine from what he tells me.

For what it is worth. The Knox County Sheriff dept. issues all deputies the Hi-Piont 9mm carbines. I have a couple of guys as patients and they seen to like them. As for me, I would rather shoot something from Raven Arms.

My first handgun was a Hi-Point 9mm. I think I put about 3K rounds through it before I sold it to someone on here. It was a great, cheap gun that shot pretty well. It was heavy, it had a heavy trigger pull, but it went bang every I pulled the trigger. But for the price it was a great gun. I have upgraded since then, but I wouldn't think twice about buying another one. I am planning on picking up a 9mm Carbine soon.

hi-point finally gets some love

I have the .45 shoots great

I've put a few thousand rounds rounds through my HP 9mm, I've never had a single problem. I'm not the most accurate person but my dad used to have to throw a bullet when he was in training and he said it was very accurate and other then the size of it he liked it.

my ccw instructor told this girl who had a hi-point not to bring it he wouldnt let her shoot it, eaither bring another gun or he'd bring one of his m&p's

true story.

Now i have never shot one so I don't have any personal experience, but I can say I've only heard bad things.

wonder what ammo he was using.. if it was a +p round i could see that

all my glocks are rated for +p+, it could have been a bad load though, as in 3x the powder. It was a brand new gun though and never fired before, so its hard to say if it was the ammo or the gun........

on a side note, my buddy did have a squib load out of a box of white winchester 9mm value pack he bought at walmart. it was enough to eject the brass on his G26 but the next round bulged the barrel and broke the slide when it hit the bullet lodged from the squib load still in the barrel.

winchester only agreed to cover half of the repairs to the glock:rolleyes:

Hipoint makes shotguns now?

WTF does shotguns have to do with field stripping a gun?

go look at the army instructions for "feild stripping" a 1911 you need a punch too and its got about 10x the moving parts

Weird, my 1911 comes apart without a single tool, and its a GI model.