front plate issues...

macpyro2

As for my front license plate its sitting nice and happy in the back pocket of my passenger seat only to be taken out and discretely slid in the front window of my car when i get pulled over.

But a couple weeks ago i got pulled over and forgot about the stupid thing and i was questioned about it, the cop walked around front and looked at my euro plate and told me it wasn't a legal plate...:rolleyes: I asked him what if i kept the plate in the windshield he said no it has to be mounted on the front...

First off i think this is total BS and whats the actual law say, second how do warnings work do they actually stay in a computer data base that they can look up because he said if i get caught again he will eat my firstborn or something idk...

I don't have a front plate on the Porsche. If I get a ticket, I'll pay it. I know the law, and I know the consequences.

Also, chances are that if you don't know how to find a law, you'll have a hard time fighting it. :)

If you go to http://yahoo.com and type "orc front plate" this is one of the results you get:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4503.21

Technically the Euro plate is not legal. It is a legal plate for a different country probably for a different car, or if it was on your car originally, it is no longer current. So you are driving with either an expired Euro tag or an illegal one off another car. On top of that you have 2 tags on one car, sort of like driving around with a Ohio plate and a Michigan plate at the same time. How did you come by it?.