Help with designing an electric cutout

BDHG940

I have been working with a machinest and going through all of the current designs. Most of them just have 3 mounting point and I had this one slotted to allow for some rotation. Is there anything as far as the body of the cutout people think would be a cool feature?

On the y-pipes included with the cutouts, would you think pre-welded vbands on each end would be cool? I figured that would allow for more adjustment but also require welding for the other vband rings to the pipe your splicing it in.

If you have any thoughts, let me know

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/cutout.jpg

Guest Removed

having the slots give it more room to flex with the heat.

having the cutout flanged mounted correctly is the key to having the cut out fit correctly, without needing the slots. without the slots you have a much better chance of the cut out staying mounted. the slots give you way less hold on the nuts of bolts. they wont stay tight, and you'll have them falling off due to a poor design(hate to say it, but yeah, its going to happen)

put the cut out into the DP, and offer it as a upgrade on the mod motor cars.

like this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/100_5201.jpg

that where the dp turns toward the rear of the car

aim it right down to the ground. track needs more heat anyway..lol

Edited by Removed

I have alway thought a 3rd position (switch) for closed idle open at wot whould be cool (like the saleen mufflers did). also the weight of the motor may cause the v-bad to rotate down causeing ground clearance issues.

Have you ever seen the strength of a v-band when tightened? They hold on 5in+ downpipes....theres no reason to worry about them loosening up or rotating.

Guest Removed
to get off topic, pm me a price on MM part number #mmst-13 hybrid steering rack. Just saw you were a dealer of theirs

bitch please....stop having your coke head dingle berry secratary make your phone calls for you, pick up your phone and call me. then i'll give you a price then.

i'm still waiting for my drop shipment of kits.:mad:

I have alway thought a 3rd position (switch) for closed idle open at wot whould be cool (like the saleen mufflers did). also the weight of the motor may cause the v-bad to rotate down causeing ground clearance issues.

They make them. We tuned a mark VIII a few weeks back that had cutouts that opened only at WOT with some electric controller.

hmmm never saw them before, Name brad?

I've never seen them off the shelf, but you can accomplish the same thing by using a TPS based WOT switch like you would use to activate a nitrous kit. If you have a car with a traditional throttle cable you can probably even use the cheap microswitch type.

TPS style:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Nitrous+Express/744/15961/10002/-1

Standard Linkage Type:

http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/15640/10002/-1

My main concern is just the body design right now. That shape is already done by another company with similar profile but I just didnt know what to change up if anything.

We are going to produce the cutouts, its not going to be part of the kit actually(although it will be an option). I guess Ill just leave the ypipe with vbands and if someone wants it solid, they can cut off the vbands and weld or use those band clamps.

Rob you really think I need to ditch the slotted design?