Carbon Fiber Mustang

Aaron

And it still weighs 3355lbs. :rolleyes: Cars have goten too big, heavy and bloated.

Ahhahaha, that's only 46lbs less than the stock weight.

EDIT: Oh shit, I was comparing to the 2010 mustang and just remembered that's a minor model change, new engine etc (right?). I'm guessing this is based off of a 2009 or previous mustang. Those weight 3356lbs stock. So they took a whole 1lb off of the car doing this. How did the manage to fuck it up that much?

Ricer car, it performs exactly the same as it would have with the same upgrades (suspension, wheels, brakes, engine) and the stock body.

I really hope that's some kind of mistake in the story and they accidentally put down stock weight instead of the new weight.

So they supposedly dropped 450lbs with the body but added it all back with performance parts... what did they do, add a second engine? :rolleyes:

Nice. But 135k?

I'll take a ZR1 instead.

Win

And it still weighs 3355lbs. :rolleyes: Cars have goten too big, heavy and bloated.

EDIT: Oh shit, I was comparing to the 2010 mustang and just remembered that's a minor model change, new engine etc (right?). I'm guessing this is based off of a 2009 or previous mustang. Those weight 3356lbs stock. So they took a whole 1lb off of the car doing this. How did the manage to fuck it up that much?

Ricer car, it performs exactly the same as it would have with the same upgrades (suspension, wheels, brakes, engine) and the stock body.

I really hope that's some kind of mistake in the story and they accidentally put down stock weight instead of the new weight.

So they supposedly dropped 450lbs with the body but added it all back with performance parts... what did they do, add a second engine? :rolleyes:

Even more win. I mean it is neat but really? Unless there is a huge pefromance gain the car is not worth it.

This is a mustang that is worth 6 figures

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/27/Pro_Street/post/1791109/Shelby-GT500-Twin-Turbo-7-Second-Street-Car.html

Glad I'm not the only person who saw that and laughed. That's still 400lbs more than my heavy 4-banger.

Guest tbutera2112

shaved 200lbs, added 200hp, and a full suspension setup....i dont see why people are hating....sure theyre still 3300lbs, but thats far less than their competition, especially for the power they are making...stock they are about 300lb less than the camaro and 500lb less than the challenger...so another 200lb off isnt bad at all, especially going from 315hp to 550hp

2010 mustang gt stock weight: 3572lbs....its not based off of pre 2010 models like someone suggested, look at the body of the car...its not a 2005-2009...and its based off the 3v motor so its 2010...article also states that the ones to be produced will be making a projected 650hp out of the 4v 5.0L coyote motor

shaved 200lbs, added 200hp, and a full suspension setup....i dont see why people are hating....sure theyre still 3300lbs, but thats far less than their competition, especially for the power they are making...stock they are about 300lb less than the camaro and 500lb less than the challenger...so another 200lb off isnt bad at all, especially going from 315hp to 550hp

2010 mustang gt stock weight: 3572lbs....its not based off of pre 2010 models like someone suggested, look at the body of the car...its not a 2005-2009...and its based off the 3v motor so its 2010...article also states that the ones to be produced will be making a projected 650hp out of the 4v 5.0L coyote motor

I'm not saying it won't be a bad ass car, just a little like masturbation. I really don't know how they only shaved 50lbs off of the car with all carbon fiber body panels and ultra light rims. Even if they did add larger brakes, full suspension and go fast parts.

And my overall comment was simply to say that cars have gotten too heavy. 3300lbs is not a sports car, let alone how much the competitors weigh.

Saying it's only 3300lbs and that's great because it's really fast and the competition weighs much more is like saying your 200lb girlfriend can give the best head ever and she's skinny compared to her 250lb girlfriends.

I'm not saying it won't be a bad ass car, just a little like masturbation. I really don't know how they only shaved 50lbs off of the car with all carbon fiber body panels and ultra light rims. Even if they did add larger brakes, full suspension and go fast parts.

And my overall comment was simply to say that cars have gotten too heavy. 3300lbs is not a sports car, let alone how much the competitors weigh.

Saying it's only 3300lbs and that's great because it's really fast and the competition weighs much more is like saying your 200lb girlfriend can give the best head ever and she's skinny compared to her 250lb girlfriends.

What exactly do you consider a sports car weight anymore?

911 Turbo = 3500lbs+

Hell, even a GT2/GT3 is 3100-3200lbs.

New M3 = 3700lbs+

Are they sports cars?

Cars got heavy...you need to buy a stripped boxster to be under 3000lbs anymore.

911 Turbo = 3500lbs+

New M3 = 3700lbs+

Are they sports cars?

Cars got heavy...you need to buy a stripped boxster to be under 3000lbs anymore.

Agreed.........370Z is 3200, Genesis coupe is 3400lbs, camaro is around 3800, mustang is 3500, Z4 is 3000-3300, Corvettes range from 3050-3350 etc

Sub 3000lb cars: Miata, Solstice (GXP is right at 3k), S2000

stock weight = 3572

rtr-c weight = 3355

difference = 217lbs

217>50

just saying..

Logic doesn't work here.

stock weight = 3572

rtr-c weight = 3355

difference = 217lbs

217>50

just saying..

I read 3401 on edmunds. Opps, looks like I was still looking at 2010.. this is based off of the 2011 Mustang.

Ford made the car 150lbs heavier, doh. :facepalm:

That just proves my overall statment that the car is too heavy to begin with.

It's a little more reasonable that the knocked 450lbs off of the body and added half of that back in other go fast parts. The weight being taken off of the body should help lower the CG too.

911 Turbo = 3500lbs+

New M3 = 3700lbs+

Are they sports cars?

Anything that heavy is a GT car, not a proper sports car, end of story. Again proving my point that cars have gotten too heavy, and in most cases too big. It's a really sad state of affairs. They are sporty cars, all very high performance sporty cars. None of them fit the definition of a sports car. Just because it's fast doesn't mean it's a sports car.

None of them fit the definition of a sports car. Just because it's fast doesn't mean it's a sports car.

Care to answer this question?

I do agree with you, and think most here do as well.

My GTI is 3150lbs. 0 options.