Jackets fire Hitchcock

stealthmonkey

Hitch has done some great things in his coaching career, but the CBJ's was not one of them.

:wtf: he increased the Jackets win % every year he coached here except for this year. got the jackets to their first postseason. jackets are going to have another decade of mediocrity before they get to the playoffs again, if they wanted to do better they should start by firing most of the front office, not hitchcock.

jackets have been around since 2000. 2008/09... its about time to squeak into the playoffs after a strong beginning and middle part of the season. Now playoff CBJs is some of the best jackets hockey ive seen, but they still failed miserably in the 1st round.

having an increase in win percentage doesn't mean shit. 08/09 was THE ONLY sean the cbjs have had a ,and here is the key word, WINNING season.

Hitch did great with Dallas, but he has squandered talent that had both succeeded before and after they were with the CBJs.

Maybe they stopped drinking the Hitch Kool-aide and realized that he's a BIG reason this team bombed so bad this season. Too bad its 20 games too late.

FYI, nothing against Hitch. He was/is a hall of fame coach but his style of neutral zone lock down play is outdated in the new, post lockout NHL. He loves big, gritty veteran players but this team is cheap and will ALWAYS augment their lineup with young, cheap talent rather than go for expensive vets. Filatov is a good example (though not solely on hitch's shoulders), the regression of Brassard and Voracek is another. And his insistance on playing old hack's like Modin to death I'll never understand.

I hope he find work elsewhere, but mostly just b/c i dont want the team to cover his salary for the remainder of his contract.

maybe we could bring on an actual dominate enforcer in the league so are skill players can quit getting their asses kicked.. just sayin.. i am glad they let him go.

In "the new NHL" the enforcer's role is severly dimished. It use to be that all you had to do was kick ass and learn to skate a bit, now there's no room on anyone's roster who's gonna drag down a line or team with a lack of talent but a great right hook. Boll is a better player than a fighter but does both adequetly. Dorsett is the same but he's definitly a welter-weight at best. I met Boll, tall guy but definitly not enormous like, say, Dereck Boogaard from the Minnesota Wild (6'7" 270lbs) which is fucking enormous for any hockey player.

That's been is career as a coach. He's been able to take teams so far then, nothing. He got fired from Philly and Dallas the same way. Some coaches can’t get over their own issues. Anyone who thought he was a long term coach doesn’t know much about hockey. He’ll go to another failing franchise, make them decent, lose the respect of the team by being a dick and then repeat the cycle. Honestly I thought it should have happened earlier in the season.

I don't know they've been making some damn good trades latley. I don't think they'll be bad for long.

Leafs gave away 40 or their 147 total goals scored in trading the forwards that they did to aquire Dion Phanuef. Dont get me wrong, Phanuef is a one in a million Dman but they gave ALOT to get him. We totally should've been in the hunt for that guy but of course we werent.

Leafs gave away 40 or their 147 total goals scored in trading the forwards that they did to aquire Dion Phanuef. Dont get me wrong, Phanuef is a one in a million Dman but they gave ALOT to get him. We totally should've been in the hunt for that guy but of course we werent.

Not to mention the deal for Kessel where they gave up their 1st round picks, pick that are going to be big name players in the next several years. Probably could have picked up Tyler Seguin or Cam Fowler this year and another top 5 next year.

Hitch needed to go. The time of the "system" team is over, was over after the lockout. Look at the "system" the Pens tried to put in at the beginning of last season, then boom their coach is fired and Bylsma comes in and lets the talent shine to their own style of play. They turn it around and win the cup. We need a coach that's going to coach our players to their own talents and let them shine. He was never going to let Filatov do that. Look at how good he's been in the KHL this season. 22 points in 22 games, not bad for a young player in a professional league. I'm glad he's gone, as long as we get a decent coach that doesn't have a hard-on for some "system".

Great game against Dallas, 1-0 most of the game and some of the cleanest playing I've ever seen in hockey...hardly any whistles blown. Rick Nash scored an open-net goal to make it 2-0 with a minute left...the Stars somehow made it 2-1 within seconds (and the goal was even under review!) but the Jackets held on to win it. Good thing for that open-net goal!!!

They looked really strong out there. One of the better games I've seen them play.

Great game against Dallas, 1-0 most of the game and some of the cleanest playing I've ever seen in hockey...hardly any whistles blown. Rick Nash scored an open-net goal to make it 2-0 with a minute left...the Stars somehow made it 2-1 within seconds (and the goal was even under review!) but the Jackets held on to win it. Good thing for that open-net goal!!!

They looked really strong out there. One of the better games I've seen them play.

You mean Umberger right? the diving shot he made while sliding on his belly into the empty net? I only got to watch the last 5-10minutes of the 3rd but i did see that beuty, I didnt know the Stars scored after that though. Damn DVR doesnt record all the games :(

You mean Umberger right? the diving shot he made while sliding on his belly into the empty net? I only got to watch the last 5-10minutes of the 3rd but i did see that beuty, I didnt know the Stars scored after that though. Damn DVR doesnt record all the games :(

Was it RJ? It might have been. I know Nash at least got credit for the assist.

...and the crowd went BANANAS when he made that belly goal. I was 3rd row from the glass and he slid right in front of us, all of us (including my wife who doesn't follow hockey) were jumping up and down screaming :lol: