Gear and Converter For Index Racing

wagner

Well I am thinking about trying to set my car up to run some index racing. The LSX shootout and NHRA Unleashed. I want to run the 13 second index class for each and have some questions on maybe how to do it with an LS1 F-body.

As the car sits now:

Magnaflow Cat Back

Fast Toyz Ram Air

UMI Lower Control Arms

UMI Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

Street Tires

Everything else stock

The car runs right now anywhere from a 13.34 at Dragway 42 in good air to 13.70's at trails in the heat of the summer and their track prep.

I have waiting to go on the car:

UMI boxed Sub Frame's

UMI Adjustable pan hard rod

I dont know how much it will pick up from these or if it will just help make the car more consistant.

Now the question is if I put a better gear in the car and a converter will that help get me to the magical 13.00 that I want to run?

The car really does not have to run under the index I want it as close as possible, since that is the point to index racing.

Thoughts?

wow. so u wana go 200 mph? change the gear asap.

if your tranny is a 4 speed get 3.73. would help your 60 ft wich is your et, and still drive nice on the road. no other change will affect your cars 60 ft more than the gearing. and it will feel like you are driving a new car. im going to b trying to run the 8.0 index. and the 8.90 index. you need a car that can run beyond the index and then pull it back. mph wins most index races. thats why the 8.90 index will be easy for me. the 8.0 will be a huge challenge. cause that is a class of 7 sec cars.

• 1 month later...

tires and suspension for 0-60 consistency

then

convertor for a better 60

then

gears for a better 1/8 to control your 1/4

I get 1.8 60s' and dropped .5 in the 1/4 by going from 3.23s' to 4.56s'.No I'm not advocating 4.56s'(4.56s' do make good 1/8 times),but they're great in 1st and 2nd and trip mpg only dropped from 24.5mpg to 21.5mpg on 3 trips to Florida from Cleveland.Yeah,trips to Florida with 4.56s',fear the gear.2900 rpm cruise on interstates at legal speeds.

• 2 weeks later...