Snow Drags 5 Feb 2010

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, nice meeting you Doc! Again, let me know about any ironbutt trip.

It was good meeting you, too, Gabe. And I have to admit, your Jeep is slightly faster in deep snow than my Buick LeSabre. :nod:

As far as riding an Iron Butt goes, you CR bikers are always asking to go with me on one. Here's the link, so name your poison: http://www.ironbutt.com/about/about.cfm

Keep in mind, though, just how far even the shortest Iron Butt ride is: Can you ride your bike in one day, from here to Portland, Maine? How about from here to Jacksonville, Florida? New Orleans? Columbus to Sioux Falls, South Dakota? Well, none of those trips, even within 24 hours, is long enough to qualify for an Iron Butt. Think along the lines of Columbus to Cheyenne, Wyoming in less than 24 hours. This ain't wheelies and quarter miles, boys. This ain't Hocking Hills and back. :nono:

If people think they are still interested in doing one of these as a group, I'll start a thread and help organize it. I've already ridden one on the 999 -- I think it'd be insane to do a second one on it. ;)

It was good meeting you, too, Gabe. And I have to admit, your Jeep is slightly faster in deep snow than my Buick LeSabre. :nod:

As far as riding an Iron Butt goes, you CR bikers are always asking to go with me on one. Here's the link, so name your poison: http://www.ironbutt.com/about/about.cfm

Keep in mind, though, just how far even the shortest Iron Butt ride is: Can you ride your bike in one day, from here to Portland, Maine? How about from here to Jacksonville, Florida? New Orleans? Columbus to Sioux Falls, South Dakota? Well, none of those trips, even within 24 hours, is long enough to qualify for an Iron Butt. Think along the lines of Columbus to Cheyenne, Wyoming in less than 24 hours. This ain't wheelies and quarter miles, boys. This ain't Hocking Hills and back. :nono:

If people think they are still interested in doing one of these as a group, I'll start a thread and help organize it. I've already ridden one on the 999 -- I think it'd be insane to do a second one on it. ;)

Like I said, I have a thing for distance events. Ive been interested in doing some sort of gumball rally in the car, as well as harescrambles, so something like this would fit the bill.

Ill look to my calendar and see if we can carve out a date. Might have to prep with some medium length rides as well.

Im down for tonight. Hopefully its a little more packed down and Ill actually be able to play. If not, ill just park it again and watch everyone else act like retards. lol

Maybe the lot next door, which was plowed and salted, would be a better choice for you. We'll come by and check on you from time to time to make sure you're not stuck on a curb or something. Think of it as the "kiddie pool" next to the one for the big kids.

In. Ill be out on in the wrong wheel drive. Akurah. PWN you bishes. lolz

There are 2 Sleds, a wannabe snowboard and a Redtop, in my trunk, anybody is welcome to use ride. :D

Edited by Igor

Maybe the lot next door, which was plowed and salted, would be a better choice for you. We'll come by and check on you from time to time to make sure you're not stuck on a curb or something. Think of it as the "kiddie pool" next to the one for the big kids.

That's not cool man. Now It's on... I'm not sure what "it" is but, it is definitely on.