Snow Drags 5 Feb 2010

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blast :D

I wish I could have ridden the sled more, but I got really cold. I had no idea how wet you get in the process. I just got home, and when I took off my jeans there was still ice and snow inside them. :eek:

Thanks, Thorne, for towing me around and not knocking me off the sled. Sorry you lost your turbo on the way home.

Steve, it was good to hang out again--seems like it's been a long time. I haven't laughed so hard for months.

Fun times. Thanks everyone, it was good seeing you all.

Blowing up my turbo on the way home :(

WTF I was nice to the car ... FUCKING blah

That place is a curse. I blew the Hose, easy fix. In the process of removing the hose and replacing because Byers had it in stock on Saturday for $15 I must have bumped the power steering lines and loosened them. So I was sucking in air to the Power Steering system. So looked it up online on IWSTI.com (comomn issue at my milage and having work done in the area) and they said to replace the o-ring in the top of the pump and switch out the pressure hose clamps for screw type ones. Then bleed the system by raising the front wheels off the ground and turning them from lock to lock.

Got everything all tightened up with new clamps and went to reconnect the top line with the 10mm bolt and SNAP it fucking broke off the head. I can't get the fucker out. So now it's off tomorrow to buy a new pump (it could have been bad too, I was attempting this to see if it would work without replacing the pump), and well I might as well change the belts while i'm at it because it's time and one has to come off anyway. SO it has gone from a $15 fix to now likely $300-400 fix. Yea!

At least I know I can do it and I don't have to take it to Subaru. It's just too cold to be doing this shit right now. :D