2WD Truck Krew...

zeitgeist57

Yes, it does.

And, I think Clay didn't get a tailgate with the truck.?

No it doesn't, was talking with a buddy of mine one night out in garage and we were discussing this and having no tailgate or the tailgate down is better than it being up. But overall a tonneau cover or cap was even better. Now before you going saying he's a dumbshit knows nothing. He been an aerodynamicist for 30+ years, been on several Le Mans and ALMS teams as the track engineer, was also the track engineer for Bobby Rahal when he won his CART championship in 92.

No it doesn't, was talking with a buddy of mine one night out in garage and we were discussing this and having no tailgate or the tailgate down is better than it being up. But overall a tonneau cover or cap was even better. Now before you going saying he's a dumbshit knows nothing. He been an aerodynamicist for 30+ years, been on several Le Mans and ALMS teams as the track engineer, was also the track engineer for Bobby Rahal when he won his CART championship in 92.

Mythbusters did two different episodes on this. Your buddy is wrong. :)

Tailgate down is the LEAST efficient, tailgate removed / taigate up / hard cover all about equal, mesh is the most efficient.

We were even discussing mythbusters and they are very much wrong in that episode.

Which episode? There were two.

The first, I agree that it wasn't scientific enough.

The 2nd, a calibrated fuel flow meter, doing a real world experiment, please show me REAL WORLD, documented evidence to disprove it.

The truck used to be a yard truck back in the late 80s/early 90s in L.A. and had some wierd box-thing in the back...never had a tailgate when I bought it. I like the Pro-Net though!

LOL at my thread...I loaded up the back on Friday and I haven't driven it at all over the last 3 days. Minivan FWD traction FTW. :lol: