wtb: dslr used/new for arround 400$

Ramsey

My uncle just bought a 400 dollar casio p+s and i told him he should be able to get an entry level dslr for that price. he also understand there will be much more of investment if he goes dslr in the future with new lenses and what not. This be used for only a few things, like sporting events and family photos.

he has 7 days to return the camera.

Please let me know what you have.

I'd stick to craigslist since you can at least hold the camera in your hands and verify no fuckery. You should be able to easily find a DSLR in that price range (likely the full kit) if you're patient enough.

I'd stick to craigslist since you can at least hold the camera in your hands and verify no fuckery. You should be able to easily find a DSLR in that price range (likely the full kit) if you're patient enough.

I think im gonna have him return the one he bought and we will take our time to find the right deal.

I think im gonna have him return the one he bought and we will take our time to find the right deal.

If he has an actual interest in photography I would recommend it, you can always buy a cheap P+S for when needed. I just picked up an old Canon powershot (6 MP) for under $50.

If he has an actual interest in photography I would recommend it, you can always buy a cheap P+S for when needed. I just picked up an old Canon powershot (6 MP) for under $50.

Sad thing is he has an older p+s.

You may be able to pick up one of the Canon Rebel series for that price as well. XT, XTi, or possibly the XSi.

Can't go wrong with either Nikon or Canon. Seems like alot of pro sports photograher prefers Canon over Nikon. I personally have Canon XSi myself and my wife uses the Canon 40D...she has used it to do a few weddings and has been great. Remember when buying and DSLR is that you are buying into the lenses, bodies are upgraded pretty much every 16months i do believe. So the investment is in the lense.

One thing I like about Nikon is that the Image Stabilizer is on the camera, so it makes the lense a little cheaper. Where as Canon lenses that have Image Stabilizer tends to add a few more $$ to the price.

Either way, he won't regret going DSLR no matter which brand he ends up with.

Good luck on search. It's too bad i sold my XTi not long ago, would have been perfect for him.

-D

You may be able to pick up one of the Canon Rebel series for that price as well. XT, XTi, or possibly the XSi.

Can't go wrong with either Nikon or Canon. Seems like alot of pro sports photograher prefers Canon over Nikon. I personally have Canon XSi myself and my wife uses the Canon 40D...she has used it to do a few weddings and has been great. Remember when buying and DSLR is that you are buying into the lenses, bodies are upgraded pretty much every 16months i do believe. So the investment is in the lense.

One thing I like about Nikon is that the Image Stabilizer is on the camera, so it makes the lense a little cheaper. Where as Canon lenses that have Image Stabilizer tends to add a few more $$ to the price.

Either way, he won't regret going DSLR no matter which brand he ends up with.

Good luck on search. It's too bad i sold my XTi not long ago, would have been perfect for him.

-D

Now rob has me looking in to the sony a230, which can be had for 399 on amazon.

I thought Nikon also used IS enabled lenses and not bodies, hence the "VR" (vibration reduction) tag to the lenses. I know Sony (Konica-Minolta), and I believe Pentax are body IS. If I am to believe the opinion of others (as I do not have any experience outside of fiddling with other manufacturers) IS on the lens is generally better. How much ? I have no clue.