Vancouver Olympic Games - 2010

KillJoy

USA vs Canada in the Gold Medal round men's hockey. Of course USA wins.

I kid i kid, Sweden takes gold, USA takes silver and Canada dissappoints again with Bronze.

Henrik has been looking pretty sloppy in net lately. Then again, so has Ryan Miller (only in February though...the rest of the year he's been a brick wall). I think Canada's gonna take home ice advantage and tear everyone a new puckhole. When in doubt, always bet on Marty Brodeur.

edit: Hockey's pretty much the only thing I watch during the winter olympics

Henrik has been looking pretty sloppy in net lately. Then again, so has Ryan Miller (only in February though...the rest of the year he's been a brick wall). I think Canada's gonna take home ice advantage and tear everyone a new puckhole. When in doubt, always bet on Marty Brodeur.

edit: Hockey's pretty much the only thing I watch during the winter olympics

There's no doubting Team Canada's talent from the net out, its how their going to deal with all that pressure playing at home with all those high expectation's. Not to mention all those superstar ego's in the same cramped locker room. Brodeur is rock solid, has been for years but why did i think they were starting Luongo for some reason?! which would be a huge mistake for sure.

Miller's had a good season, especially lately with the exception of getting raped by the worst team in the league for 4 goals last week. I was really looking forward to seeing the best goalie for team USA last saturday night but Buffalo started Lalime instead :(

Sweden's deep, solid goaltending but definitly not on the same level as Canada. My buddy Colin has a man-crush on the swedish team so my opinion maybe swayed a bit.

There's no doubting Team Canada's talent from the net out, its how their going to deal with all that pressure playing at home with all those high expectation's. Not to mention all those superstar ego's in the same cramped locker room. Brodeur is rock solid, has been for years but why did i think they were starting Luongo for some reason?! which would be a huge mistake for sure.

Miller's had a good season, especially lately with the exception of getting raped by the worst team in the league for 4 goals last week. I was really looking forward to seeing the best goalie for team USA last saturday night but Buffalo started Lalime instead :(

Sweden's deep, solid goaltending but definitly not on the same level as Canada. My buddy Colin has a man-crush on the swedish team so my opinion maybe swayed a bit.

Sweden's definitely a 2nd favorite IMO, no doubt, but Canada is stacked. As for competing egos, I think they have a solid balance of age to offset that. With Niedermayer and Pronger leading the D (I hope they have Weber and Pronger on the same line...they would destroy) and Jumbo Joe and Iginla up front I think they have solid leadership, but you're right there definitely is a lot of young talent to manage.

The Swedes, on the other hand, is all experience. Some reports I've seen have the Sedins on the 3rd line with Johan Franzen, which would be baffling if they plan on using Sundin as their 2nd line Center with Huse' and Forsberg on the wings. Then again, the Euro teams love to play experience ahead of pure skill so we'll see. I think the biggest factor they have working for them is the fact that 80% of their team already plays together in either Vancouver or Detroit :lol:

The Winter Olympics are always so much better than the Summer. Pratically all the sports I like are winter sports. But like most, I will be watching hockey the most out of anything. I think Team Canada is going to be killer this year. But like everyone said, it will be their egos that will get in the way if they don't win. They have the tallent by far. I still can't wait to see Nash and Crosby on a line together. I think Nash will have multiple points each game if he is put with Crosby.

Sweden's definitely a 2nd favorite IMO, no doubt, but Canada is stacked. As for competing egos, I think they have a solid balance of age to offset that. With Niedermayer and Pronger leading the D (I hope they have Weber and Pronger on the same line...they would destroy) and Jumbo Joe and Iginla up front I think they have solid leadership, but you're right there definitely is a lot of young talent to manage.

The Swedes, on the other hand, is all experience. Some reports I've seen have the Sedins on the 3rd line with Johan Franzen, which would be baffling if they plan on using Sundin as their 2nd line Center with Huse' and Forsberg on the wings. Then again, the Euro teams love to play experience ahead of pure skill so we'll see. I think the biggest factor they have working for them is the fact that 80% of their team already plays together in either Vancouver or Detroit :lol:

Oh you mean Team Sweden One and Team Sweden Two (as in Detroit and Vancouver)? Your absolutly right. Have you seen Canada's top line? Nash-Crosby-Iginla. Thats just sick, size and speed. Im kinda proud to have Nasher on the top Canadian line, almost like a right of passage that he is DEFINITLY an elite player in the league. The only mitigating factor to all the big ego's COULD be their willingness to lay all that BS aside and play for Gold just to make up for their poor attempt last olympics. I personally cant wait to see what happens.

FYI, Yahoo's Puck Daddy reported NBC isnt even showing a preliminary round of USA vs Canada mens hockey on the 21st, instead deciding to show 'ice dancing' on its main channel and the hockey game on MSNBC, fucking bullshit.

FYI, Yahoo's Puck Daddy reported NBC isnt even showing a preliminary round of USA vs Canada mens hockey on the 21st, instead deciding to show 'ice dancing' on its main channel and the hockey game on MSNBC, fucking bullshit.

you have to be shitting me. ICE DANCING ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING SPORT

you have to be shitting me. ICE DANCING ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING SPORT

Fucking ice dancing. Honestly the USA/Canada game is basically an NHL all star game in the prelim rounds of the olympics. The only exception in this all star game is that the player's are actually trying to play defense.

Olympic Hockey > * :cool:

I can't WAIT every four years when they do this. Most every team is an All Star NHL team playing for their country. Ever since they changed their minds and let the pros play in the Olympics, it's been lights out, great entertainment. GO USA!!! :D