nhra approved gear?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
Sorry for the confusion, to drag race it must be snell approved. ALL snells ARE dot approved.

Common kill switch is a small eyelet screwed into the plastic rocker on the handle bar. Then attach any kind of coil cord.

you could wear jeans if your under 120mph

sweet this is the answer i was looking for

i thought all snells are dot approved....that didnt sound right to me lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
no.

My older helmet wasn't Snell approved but DOT, I updated to an Arai for that reason.

As for leathers you should be fine pending how the tech sees fit. Regulation wise you need full leathers, and the tethered killswitch. It cost 5 bucks and you can get everything from Lowes.

Don't skimp on gear no matter if your going <120 it's still going to hurt!

more then likely, it didnt have the snell thing inside it...like the one i got from jegs that cost me 390 some bucks....i looked inside it, and it wasnt there..went back and they sent it back, and handed me another one.

and tyler you'll never trap 120 plus on that thing....

Guest tbutera2112

and tyler you'll never trap 120 plus on that thing....

the bike is capable, just gotta work on getting some seat time....we will see!

Edited by tbutera2112

tyler save ur self some what of a head ack and go to kil-kare u still have to have a kill switch but they have never asked us to see ower leathers hell i have rode the busa to teck in shirts, white beater and flip flops

but make sure urs is snell i got the gambler helment by soumy witch isnt snell its britsh appoverd witch is a higher lever but trails would never let me use it... well teck with it i used it but used mikes to teck

Guest tbutera2112

thanks shawn, i picked up a hcj helmet thats snell2005....i bought it for the car but it broke before i ever made a full pass in it lol...its passed tech already though

chris sent me a pic of how he has his kill switch done up, so that shouldnt be a problem either

Their are some asian made Helmets that are DOT ONLY. that DO NOT have Snell.

".Suomy helmets sold under its own name conform to either the ECE or the BSI standard, but Suomy private-labels some helmets to brands such as Ducati that are built and certified to Snell. Some AGV models sold here are made to Snell standards, some to BSI. And a few Asian-made helmets are DOT-only. Among major manufacturers, Z1R (a subbrand of Parts Unlimited) and Fulmer Helmets sell DOT-only lids at the lower end of their pricing scales. You can also get 'em at Pep Boys under the Raider brand name..."

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/index.html

Guest tbutera2112

dover that is not what we are saying

we are all saying that all SNELL helmets are also DOT approved....not the other way around, there are plenty of DOT only helmets, but if a helmet is SNELL approved then it is also DOT approved

Guest tbutera2112
it happens, thanks for coming in and trying to help out...i think i got it all figured out now...ill go with what i got knowing that if i break 120 it wont be enough...but im not expecting that right away due to rider ability so im not gonna worry for a little bit

Guest tbutera2112
my bike is nowhere near busa standards lol...they have been known to run high 10s at mid-high 120s stock with a really good rider cutting 1.6x's...youve seen my bike lol its pretty huge and heavy...and only mods are slip ons and a k&N filter

thanks shawn, i picked up a hcj helmet thats snell2005....i bought it for the car but it broke before i ever made a full pass in it lol...its passed tech already though

chris sent me a pic of how he has his kill switch done up, so that shouldnt be a problem either

if they want to be dicks ur helment is outdated its has to be within 3 or 4 years

Guest tbutera2112
if they want to be dicks ur helment is outdated its has to be within 3 or 4 years

no, the snell rating are good for i think 10 years...so i should be set for awhile...i believe the snell 2005 is the most current you can even buy right now, unless the 2010 is already out...

they put a new one out every 5 years and each one is good for 2 cycles, so 10 years...mine wont be out dated until snell 2015 is released

Guest tbutera2112

all talk mark, i know a certain perfect place on a certain road that starts with M where we can settle this any time you want

when its warm obviously lol, my battery is so shitty my bike wont even start in this weather

no, the snell rating are good for i think 10 years...so i should be set for awhile...i believe the snell 2005 is the most current you can even buy right now, unless the 2010 is already out...

they put a new one out every 5 years and each one is good for 2 cycles, so 10 years...mine wont be out dated until snell 2015 is released

:thumbup: Correct!

all talk mark, i know a certain perfect place on a certain road that starts with M where we can settle this any time you want

when its warm obviously lol, my battery is so shitty my bike wont even start in this weather

sounds good for pinks??

FAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Dover your the fag that cant even go in the 9's on that bad ass busa.

I tell you what You get another busa and ill take the break off you with my little r6. You would need to many to race my stock wheel base 1000.

Or if you wanna stick to cars, ill drive the slowest orange c6 in the city, and give that Cadillac the break!

FAG.