Route 66 2010 Rally.. 19-22 May 2010

Spieldawg

Hey guys, Been a while since I posted here, but I thought I would offer you guys an invitation to this event. With that being said the slots are going quickly.. we have 20 comitted from the start in Joliet IL. If your interested please email me!!!

I want to emphasize this is not a race, but a road rally!

That being said:

This Rally (Route 66) is going to be one of the best rallies of the year. Each day, it’s gaining more media coverage. We currently have 5 newspapers committed to coverage with a circulation of over 200,000

Why will this Rally beat others?

1. It’s affordable.

* There are no entry fees other then the decal kit.

* The decal kit is only $100 which comes in red,black, or white.

* All other expenses are your own responsibility but group discounts have been arranged.

2. It has two starting points.

* The East Coast will start in Chicago, IL at Route 66 Raceway and the West Coast will start in Fontana, CA at the Auto Club Speeway.

* This makes the starting point closer and easier to get to.

* It allows the Rally to be shorter which helps with scheduling constraints.

* Everyone will meet at Amarillo, TX (The middle of Route 66)

3. It’s open to 50 teams.

* Spots are filling up fast but we still have room for teams to join.

* A large variety of cars from four cylinders to eight cylinders, stock to highly modified.

4. It’s for charity.

* The purpose of this Rally is not to make a profit.

* Any profits from decal kits or sponsors will be donated to the Stefanie Spielman Breast Cancer Research Fund.

* Additional donations are appreciated but are not mandatory.

Please feel free to Donate to the Stefanie Spielman Breast Cancer Research Fund

5. It’s going to be a great time

* There will be 50 auto-enthusiast teams.

* It will be mirroring the historic Route 66.

* Teams will be stopping at many of these historic landmarks

6. http://www.blogtherally.com

* This blog is open to any of the teams on the Rally.

* It will allow friends, family, and communities to keep track of their favorite team.

* Media will be posted including pictures and video.

* The chatroom will easily allow Teams to update their status of the Rally.

* Particular teams will also be tracked by their GPS location using Google Latitude.

For more information contact myself at scott.spielman@hotmail.com or check out our website http://www.route662010.com or our facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=226626028164

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy cheap the rooms are only 175 bucks all the way through... Not including Joliet... I'm staying there the 18th for 30 bucks!!! This rally would cost you at least 3000 bucks elsewhere.... Plus all the money is going to fight breast cancer here at OSU!!!!!!

Like the man says, this is the least expensive cross-country rally you're gonna find. :thumbup:

I'm registered. It would be great to have a CR contingent in this rally, so why not step up to the plate, guys? If you're hesitating because you're not positive you can get the days off, the worst that could happen is that you've made a $100 donation to an excellent cause.

Scott phoned me and told me more about the rally. Sounds very cool. The host motels are some of the older ones that have tried to keep the Route 66 "feel" to them. He says that there are 6 spots left, so I wouldn't delay.

What better excuse to give your boss/customers/spouse than you have to take a few days in May to drive cross-country to help support cancer research? ;)

Here is a little bit more information on the Charity:

I am sure most of you know about Stefanie, as she was a columbus resident, and a leader in Cancer research.

The Official name of the Fund:

The Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute

Boilerplate:

Since 1999, more than $6.5 million has been raised by the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center -- Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute. Through your support:

• laboratory discoveries are being translated into effective treatments and new drugs for breast cancer patients;

• a tumor bank has been established to collect, categorize and investigate new risk factors and effective treatments for breast cancer; and

• financial assistance is provided for breast cancer patients to help cover a variety of needs.

To find out more about how the fund supports breast cancer research at The James and our active community partners, visit us online at http://www.spielmanfund.com.

Like the man says, this is the least expensive cross-country rally you're gonna find. :thumbup:

I'm registered. It would be great to have a CR contingent in this rally, so why not step up to the plate, guys? If you're hesitating because you're not positive you can get the days off, the worst that could happen is that you've made a $100 donation to an excellent cause.

Scott phoned me and told me more about the rally. Sounds very cool. The host motels are some of the older ones that have tried to keep the Route 66 "feel" to them. He says that there are 6 spots left, so I wouldn't delay.

What better excuse to give your boss/customers/spouse than you have to take a few days in May to drive cross-country to help support cancer research? ;)

My company will be hoping to enter this event. We will have to see how things work out this spring. We are currently building money to cover startup costs and I am not sure this will make budget until I run the numbers.