Route 66 2010 Rally.. 19-22 May 2010

Spieldawg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well its getting to be crunch time. Final participant count 51 teams. 30 Starting out of Joliet, and 21 starting out of Fontana!!

I hired a professional film crew to film the entire event, The Mob Theory(both starts from the east and the west and the entire route). He is going to make it into a documentary type DVD.

We have a prime sponsor, CJ Pony Parts, and a few seconday, Car Domain, Hagerty Insurance, Zenith Motorsports (Sells a bunch of the Hero HD Cams so if you want one let me know) and Summit Racing, and I have Rockstar Energy Drinks and Enterprise rental car on the fence. So far we have raised over $2000.00 for our Charity, The Stefanie Spielman Fund, and the rally hasn't even started yet!!

Also we have teams from about 30 of the 50 states coming from as far as Maine to participate, 4 teams total out of the New England area...

Not to mention, we have TV, Radio and newspaper coverage from Chicao to LA.

Now I just got to get the time to get my car ready, just dropped 800 on tires, and I still need to fix my diff leak, replace my front brakes and other minor maintenance stuff.

Stay tuned to next year. We are looking at setting up something along the Skyline drive in NC/SC. A little closer to home!

I also want to add, Thank you guys for your support, 3 teams off one site is remarkable, I wish all forums were like this. Would have made my job alot easier.

Is it May yet?!

YES!!! WOO!!!

Scott, there was a vehicle change made on my team. We will be taking a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC. My car took a shit, so i fixed it and sold it. I haven't been over to the website yet, but has there been route information posted yet?

The 3 CR teams competing in the rally are all in Tulsa and everyone's having a blast so far.

Official times for the legs of the rally are not being released yet, but here is what I know so far:

Arrival order for day 1. CR arrived 1st, 2nd, and 6th out of 25 teams

Day 2 we arrived 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!

I can't post photos from my phone, but I'm sure someone will get a few up soon.

The 3 CR teams competing in the rally are all in Tulsa and everyone's having a blast so far.

Official times for the legs of the rally are not being released yet, but here is what I know so far:

Arrival order for day 1. CR arrived 1st, 2nd, and 6th out of 25 teams

Day 2 we arrived 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!

I can't post photos from my phone, but I'm sure someone will get a few up soon.

Nice!